Who likes to smoke their meat?

TimBay

For what ever reading, the Issue is that the wood is not smoking. Soaked chips for over 1 hour, they don’t seem to smoke in the box at all. I bought temp up to 550, added chips, got them to smoke, then dropped temp, added rack and the smoke stops.
Is the box directly on the heat source? Or up on the grates? Gas or charcoal?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For what ever reading, the Issue is that the wood is not smoking. Soaked chips for over 1 hour, they don’t seem to smoke in the box at all. I bought temp up to 550, added chips, got them to smoke, then dropped temp, added rack and the smoke stops.
?????

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Gas Weber grill with the drip grates and had it right on that. Either way. They are cooked and came out delicious. Finished with a sauce mop and seer.View attachment 99033

Those look really good! I have been playing around with my Weber gas grill as well. It took me a 4 tries before I got ribs that were what I wanted. I'm usually up between 250 and 275 just due to my hardware. One burner won't keep the temp where I need it and two burners on low bring it to 260-275. As far as smoke goes I have one of those smoke tubes. I don't soak the chips for very long. Just a couple minutes. I have the opposite problem as you as my chips burn out quickly and I have to reload the tube. I smoke the ribs for about 2 hours and then I wrap them for 2 more hours. I finish with a sauce mop and another half hour uncovered.

I'm gonna try soaking the chips a little longer and keeping the temp a little lower while smoking next time. Damn...my mouth is watering....

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You all planting the seed for weekend plans....

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, have to remember everything there is 1/3 off with the currency exchange. :) Yeah, tax is crazy high. But if you see the cycling infrastucture...

That meal was in the old Quebec City in the super fancy area. ~$14CAD meal was eggs/meat pie/potatoes/toast/coffee. So roughly $10.50 which isn't bad. It does seem like living as a Canadian would be expensive. Going into the MEC (Canadian REI) everything is priced more or less at what it sells for in the US.

I also figured out that at a lot of restaurants the receipt has suggested tip on the receipt based on the pre-tax amount, but then when you use a credit card and select % tip on the keypad it does it based on post-tax amount. Whatever.

Had some awesome Brisket yesterday in Morristown, VT...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So who had the ass brunch?

Okay, I'm well aware of the fact that I'm probably the only one here with a 4th grade mentality who is giggling at that.
I saw the same and was wondering the same.... the difference being... you actually asked about it lol

Top Bottom