White Clay Creek & Middle Run trail systems - Newark DE

Dude, since we go way back now I may have to take you up on this offer. Perhaps we should have an official MTBNJ group ride there.

Oh man, I would definitely be IN. I learned to MTB on these trails! My old home turf! There is really some awesome awesome terrain back there. Lots of man made stuff.

I want to take a trip down there this sunday the 29th. I'm in the Sewell area of South Jersey. Count me in on a mtbnj get together too!!! :D

Friday, April 10th

I planning to ride there that day. My buddy lives in Newark, DE. I am road tripping south and on the way back stopping in Newark. Can anyone provide me a shop where I may be able to rent a bike for the afternoon or just demo something from a shop? lmckee?

I planning to ride there that day. My buddy lives in Newark, DE. I am road tripping south and on the way back stopping in Newark. Can anyone provide me a shop where I may be able to rent a bike for the afternoon or just demo something from a shop? lmckee?

I can't help you out with the bike rental info, but I'm debating between going to White Clay or Fair Hill with some friends on the 10th. If we go to White Clay I'll let you know.

There is a store called Bike Line right on Main Street. Last time I was down there, I noticed a sign in the window that said they rent mountain bikes.
They're a good shop - I always liked them better than Wooden Wheels, which is like 200 yards away.

Thanks rockmonster. Bike Line seems to be a trek/gary dealer. I know gary was running free demos a couple months ago. I'm gonna try to give em a call and see if I can reserve one. That is if they are having that program there. Starting tonight I am praying for good weather for next friday...

Thanks rockmonster. Bike Line seems to be a trek/gary dealer. I know gary was running free demos a couple months ago. I'm gonna try to give em a call and see if I can reserve one. That is if they are having that program there. Starting tonight I am praying for good weather for next friday...

You can also try Henry's bikes, I'm pretty sure they're pretty close to white clay. I don't know how big you are but your welcome to borrow my or my girlfriends bike if need be. Mine is a large and hers is a small. Let me know.

no go :(

:cry: Thanks for all the help and offers fellas but my buddy is going home early for the holiday now so my stops have changed now and I won't be visiting DE to ride anymore. DAMN IT! In a few weeks I'm gonna try to head down. :getsome:

:cry: Thanks for all the help and offers fellas but my buddy is going home early for the holiday now so my stops have changed now and I won't be visiting DE to ride anymore. DAMN IT! In a few weeks I'm gonna try to head down. :getsome:

Did you ever make that trip, and how was your rental/demo experience??

Did you ever make that trip, and how was your rental/demo experience??

No, it didn't work out cause my buddy went back hometown early. BUT I am currently ironing out details for next weekend. I intend to ride saturday morn. If anyone shows interest please post. Let's stop procrastinating and get a group down there! I can drive ppl down but some how another vehicle needs to bring them back as I am staying overnight in Newark sat night.

gawd damn rain!!!!

So, I took off last Friday to go to White Clay and ended up canceling due to rain. Then I went ahead and took off this Friday and same gawd damn thing!!!:mad::mad::mad:

AFP_LEBANON-DIVING.JPG

:mad::mad:

gawd damn rain!!!!

So, I took off last Friday to go to White Clay and ended up canceling due to rain. Then I went ahead and took off this Friday and same gawd damn thing!!!:mad::mad::mad:

AFP_LEBANON-DIVING.JPG

:mad::mad:

just come out now, I did a loop earlier and the trails were awesome. In fact I'm getting ready to head back for round two as I type.:)

just come out now, I did a loop earlier and the trails were awesome. In fact I'm getting ready to head back for round two as I type.:)

Well, now it looks like it wont be that bad....
Do you mind posting updated weather conditions later tonight or tomorrow :D.??? (i hope u log back in)

If it clears and trails are ok we will drive down tomorrow morning.

thks

Well, now it looks like it wont be that bad....
Do you mind posting updated weather conditions later tonight or tomorrow :D.??? (i hope u log back in)

If it clears and trails are ok we will drive down tomorrow morning.

thks

Conditions were even better on my second ride. It rained about a half hour ago but it only lasted for a few minutes and barely managed to wet the street, its already drying up. I should be up relatively early, I'll poke my head outside when I wake up and post an update. I'll PM you my number so you can just call me if your getting ready to leave and I haven't updated yet.

wow thanks!

looking @ weather.com now....

some rain tonight...u think it will be a deal breaker?

tomorrow mix of clouds/sun all day and shows rain until 6pm

u ridin' tomorrow?

Well, thanks to the trail report from Luke and weather.com we decided to make the trip down there yesterday and holly crap was it worth it!! It didn't rain at all, trail conditions were very good, trails drain very well, there were some wet slippery spots in a couple of sections at the beginning but trails were drying pretty nice as the day progressed.

We hooked up with Luke (lmckee) for the grand tour. Thanks again Luke!

My GPS shut off at one point, but I think we totaled about 18-19 miles but us 'married men' ran out of time so we had to get back and missed a couple sections, maybe another 5-8 miles. We spend a lot of time messing around in the 'features' and shooting some vid & pics (which I have to edit), plus we had one buddy who hasn't been on a bike since 7 months which didn't help us with the time.

The place is FAST!!! and PERRRRRRRRRFECT for SS! I felt really good with the 33x20 (although I was spinning out on the flats), my other buddy had 32x18 and was having a blast as well. (The geared guy was the slow one ;))

The place reminded me at times of SIX MILE and sometimes of KINGDOM TRIALS, it even has its own version of SIDEWINDER called CORKSCREW!! I guess it also reminded me of the 'rock-less' Allaire :p. It was pretty funny to see a 'man made' rock garden in the SKILLS section. That place has NO rocks at all! Overall it has great flow and all trails are pretty well marked.

We are definitely going back. It is well worth the drive.

Here is an example of what happens when you don't have a HELMET CAM :D

elzoller
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom