White Clay Creek & Middle Run trail systems - Newark DE

lmckee

I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves, you guys are a blast to ride with. Just let me know when your ready to make the trip back down and I'll make sure my schedule is open.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
A bunch of us are heading down there this Friday for the weekend. We'll be camping out at Lums Pond. Can't wait.

DD-

Corkscrew Location??

I have a copy of the unofficial White Clay map, and didn't see the trail called Corkscrew on there. Can someone post up as to what trail it is off of? After riding Sidewinder at KT, I'm sure all of us will want to check this one out as well when we are there this weekend.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I have a copy of the unofficial White Clay map, and didn't see the trail called Corkscrew on there. Can someone post up as to what trail it is off of? After riding Sidewinder at KT, I'm sure all of us will want to check this one out as well when we are there this weekend.

Do you have this map? look at M-14 (CS:corkscrew) also (MG:mountain goat)
both off SNOW GOOSE (SG), same for LOGZILLA (LZ) where the piles of logs are.

I have a vid of Logzilla plus others, just no time to upload them.

Attachments

• wcc_middlerun_map_2.1.0.pdf
    222.8 KB · Views: 274

DD-

elzoller - thanks for posting the directions - we'll definately check out both of them this weekend.

lmckee

Just got back from white clay and middle run. For those of you riding here this weekend your in for a serious treat. The trails are in perfect condition. The trails are dry but not dusty, and really REALLY fast. Someone got a mower in there since last week and cut back all of the grass around the field singletrack. I will definitely be doing a good amount of riding this weekend. If you see a husky guy on a gold salsa say hi. Have fun!

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
haha, "husky" haha

I'll send you a picture from the top of the mountain this weekend, If I can make it up with the 34.

lmckee

Update!!!

I've noticed a good bit of threads about people riding White Clay/Middle Run recently. I just want to remind everyone that bow hunting is currently happening on the White Clay side but not Middle Run. You can still ride White Clay but I suggest wearing some noticeable colors so you don't end up with an arrow in your chest. Have fun!

The Kalmyk

Sunday

I'm heading down to White Clay on Sunday...Any tips on direction to get some good flow from those who have been there...Join in on the fun if your down for I have the WHOLE DAY to rip:D

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Spenc- this is from the DE trailspinners mailing list, looks like you will have some rides around to join:

Sunday is Group Day at Jim Ireland's house. We'll be hosting group rides throughout Middle Run and White Clay, and will be exploring the new and improved David English trail in White Clay for the first time. Food, beer and bonfire at Jim's house post-ride. Please join us, and bring food donations for the Delaware Food Bank, as all food left over from this event plus all donations will be donated to those in need. All local MTB teams, clubs, group rides, etc are encouraged to attend, but you need not be a member of a group to come. So join us for a fun day of riding, good food and good company.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm heading down to White Clay on Sunday...Any tips on direction to get some good flow from those who have been there...Join in on the fun if your down for I have the WHOLE DAY to rip:D

I may be up for joining you Spenc. I have been there about 5 times and KIND of know my way around.

The Kalmyk

This place is a blast and a piece of cake to find...I thought the leaves were going to be their usual slippery selves but they gave use a break today...The trails are super fast and well maintained...There is lots of short climbing but the it add up...We did 4500 ft in 23 miles which isn't at all what I expected...All around great time with some awesome company...I didn't read if this was posted or not but there is a $6.00 out of state vehicle parking fee

Top Bottom