White Clay Creek & Middle Run trail systems - Newark DE

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This place is a blast!

It's easy to loose track of time here. Great ride today, Spenc.

PB222688.jpg

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Your gps data is not right, I have ridden WCC a dozen plus times and have never seen that kind of elevation at 23 miles.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is no best way to bail off that. you either ride it out or....i don't even want to know.

Notice, there is no pic of me riding that.

BiknBen

what's best way to bail if you fall of something like this on clipless?

Ideally, if you are just tipping off to one side, let the bike tip, then bring leg over the bike and try to land on your feet.

If you let the front wheel ride off the log...brace for impact. :eek:

The #1 key rule in riding narrow areas is continuously looking at the spot where you WANT to go. This can be a log, rock garden, or simply a narrow trail. The mind, body and bike will follow. If you look to the side, that is often where you will end up. In this case, that would be very bad.

But fun to watch. :popcorn:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you let the front wheel ride off the log...brace for impact. :eek:

I'm guessing if the front wheel goes off, that's gonna be the first thing to hit the ground. Is there anything that you can do mid air to lighten the impact? i.e. try to lean back to land more upright? or land on the side of your body - i'm guessing that's probably not recommended. or just go in head first and let the front shock absorb most of the impact?

Glenlivet12

I saw someone role forward with the fall off a high skinny. They landed on their shoulder and rolled out of it. They got lucky...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I'm guessing if the front wheel goes off, that's gonna be the first thing to hit the ground. Is there anything that you can do mid air to lighten the impact? i.e. try to lean back to land more upright? or land on the side of your body - i'm guessing that's probably not recommended. or just go in head first and let the front shock absorb most of the impact?

if your front wheel falls off first and you have any kind of speed, there isnt much you can do. The best you can hope for if that you fall onto whatever your bike fell off of. Or at least you at that first and it flips you around so you don't hit the ground with your face/shoulder.

BiknBen

I'm guessing if the front wheel goes off, that's gonna be the first thing to hit the ground. Is there anything that you can do mid air to lighten the impact? i.e. try to lean back to land more upright? or land on the side of your body - I'm guessing that's probably not recommended. or just go in head first and let the front shock absorb most of the impact?

If the front wheel comes off that log, you are going to rotate downward. At the height shown in that photo, your head is the first thing that will hit the ground. Lean back all you want. You can't fight physics. :eek:

When I realize a front impact is coming, there are a couple of things I do without thinking. I shrug my shoulders up. Move my head down and tuck my chin. I bend my arms and pull my elbows in to my side. Lastly, I tend to bring my knees up towards my torso. Basically, I'm turning myself into a ball and hope to roll out of a bad situation. The quicker you come to a stop, the more it is going to hurt. Rolling or tumbling is a method used to deflect the forces of impact.

Once again, I don't think about this while in the air. These are skills gained playing other sports like football and soccer in my past. Friends have seen me crash and say, "I looked like a turtle". Whatever, I walked away from it. :popcorn:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
if you dont fall you dont have to worry about it, how about you think of things like "how do i celebrate after a dope skinny" or "how do i show my friends are a bunch of bitches?"

GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE.

:)

BiknBen

if you dont fall you dont have to worry about it, how about you think of things like "how do i celebrate after a dope skinny" or "how do i show my friends are a bunch of bitches?"

GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE.

:)

I feel the need to ask...Did you ride across it Pearl??? :D

I have video of myself riding across all those logs. ;)

Top Bottom