which 29er?

well i have been doing some good research on the fisher because what some of you are saying. Now is it true that you can't put XT drive components on the x-caliber, that you are stuck with the sram x7. I can't see why that would be, but someone did write that in a review i was reading.
Cheers to all for there input into this subject, you have open my eyes up to other bikes. I do love a Cannondale, but i think fisher have put more R&D in to there 29ers and I'm LIKING the x-caliber. now who what's to sell me one cheap....

cheers
A

You can put XT components on the bike, but heres the thing. If you use a XT rear der, you need shimano shifters. SRAM shifters and ders work on a different pull ratio and are not compatible. Front derailluers don't change. You can use any chain or cassette. I've been a SRAM man myself for a while now, but in the case that you don't like it, figure 80-90 for a rear xt der and xt shifters around 120

You can put XT components on the bike, but heres the thing. If you use a XT rear der, you need shimano shifters. SRAM shifters and ders work on a different pull ratio and are not compatible. Front derailluers don't change. You can use any chain or cassette. I've been a SRAM man myself for a while now, but in the case that you don't like it, figure 80-90 for a rear xt der and xt shifters around 120

do you have any x-caliber 08's at your store. I am 5'9 with a inseam of 32, what size would you recommend?

cheers
A

at 5'9 you're almost definitely a medium. All I have in at the moment in the form of 29er fishers is a hifi deluxe 29er in medium.
do you have any x-caliber 08's at your store. I am 5'9 with a inseam of 32, what size would you recommend?

cheers
A

cheers
A

I'm a little shorter than you and ride a 17.5...I will be at Allaire on Sunday if you'd like to test one out in the woods...

-Jim.

cheers
A

this is about me as well and the med mary, 18", was, um, well, yeah.

so, i'm on a 16", which is a small, but remember with the transition from 26" to 29" wheel size the geometry is gonna be different. ride them both and see which gives you more 'breathing room'.

Ill put a Lefty up against any XC fork that can be put on a Fisher....The only disadvantage to the Lefty in my opinion is the limited hub choices....

I'm a little shorter than you and ride a 17.5...I will be at Allaire on Sunday if you'd like to test one out in the woods...

-Jim.

Thanks very much mate, thats mighty good of you to offer that. I sorry, but i have to work around the house this weekend and only have limited time to get a ride in. if the offer still stands, maybe next weekend. I'm thinking about getting a 29er within the next month and I would like to try one before i shell out all that cash.

cheers

check out the Jamis Dragon== steel is real= I got 1 this past fall .Put good wheels on it & the bike rips .The stock wheels suck pos.There that's my 2 cents

Ill put a Lefty up against any XC fork that can be put on a Fisher....The only disadvantage to the Lefty in my opinion is the limited hub choices....

you can put a lefty on a fisher, and a fox f29 is likely to last alot longer than a lefty before maintenance is mandatory, and that maintenance can likely be easily performed by the owner, not sent away. but i will not argue the excellent steering precision of cannondale forks, or the obvious mud clearance of a lefty.

you can put a lefty on a fisher, and a fox f29 is likely to last alot longer than a lefty before maintenance is mandatory, and that maintenance can likely be easily performed by the owner, not sent away. but i will not argue the excellent steering precision of cannondale forks, or the obvious mud clearance of a lefty.

Didnt know the Fishers could be fitted up with a Lefty....Learned something new Thanks...In that case i'll go with the Cannondale

Back
Top Bottom