Where to bike and rent a cabin this winter?

gt3000

Hi,

I'm Geoff, and this is my first post here. I've had a MTB since 1994, but only started racing (some H2H and NY Series) last year. I was wondering where in NJ I could rent a cabin with some friends and ride trails this winter/Early Spring? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Geoff

Welcome

No clue about renting a cabin... NJ being such a populated state and all. In terms of where, I'd think the only place that makes sense is North Jersey.

How bout it northern folks?

Welcome Geoff!

Did you want to be able to ride out the door? or just be central to some trails? interested in mixing in a ski resort? I'm sure there are some places around vernon...good luck

Jenny jump state park....small....very smalll....wood heat cabins...not much riding there but short car ride to allamuchy

Travel out to PA and ride Roth Rock and Raystown, this is the experience you are looking for. I don't think you can get that vibe/feel here in New Jersey.

Welcome!

Good luck in your search. I will be interested to hear what you learn about.

As others have said, a bit difficult to find cabins in NJ...however, you could try a hotel/motel near certain parks. This one is near 3 riding areas: Allamuchy, Deer Park and Stephens State park.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-hackettstown-new_jersey-NJ164

All three of these parks are connected by trails too. You could spend a three-day weekend out there, ride one park a day, or string together two or more. You can also connect via the Morris Canal and Sussex Branch trail up to Kittatiny Valley State Park....

Travel out to PA and ride Roth Rock and Raystown, this is the experience you are looking for. I don't think you can get that vibe/feel here in New Jersey.

Thanks Pearl and everyone else for their suggestions. PA is fine. I will check it out!

There are also Shelters (as opposed to heated cabins) if you are prepared to camp. If that's of interest, there is 1 in Wawayanda and I think there is 1 in Ringwood, too.

Cabin around here in the winter? I thought you meant way south of here. N. Carolina is the place to be this winter.

I second Raystown....the most fun I've ever had on a bike:getsome:

lake nockamixon in pa has some really nice heated cabins , that you could ride the nox trail system .

Rothrock State Forest is awesome. You 'll never go anywhere else after....And Michaux State Forest is another awesome place....Both i PA..

There is a place in Clifton that rents bouncy house's, well this is actually a castle...but he does have houses too.

4in1-bounce-house-combo-miam-rentali.jpg

Back
Top Bottom