Whats The Deal with Fuji ?

F

Fourtyfell

After a brief lapse from mtb, i came back and decided to look around for new bikes. I went to the usual suspects, Fisher, Trek,'Dale and even niner. But as a parting measure ( had already bought my Hi Fi) I looked at Fuji.

I couldnt believe it ! The bike that is the same as my hifi, The Reveal 2.0 cost 3,000 dollars ! My HiFi = 1600 !

I do notice that the fuji has XT crank and drive, but still does that equate for 1400 dollars difference ?

If you need another example, compare the SLM 1.0 to the Trek Elite 9.8..

Thats The End of my rant.

any thoughts ?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
its all about components. the same exact frame (with diferrent color paint) will sell for 1600 and 4200. i don't have a fuji, but i recognize their bikes as being well-speced for the price.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Have you seen how much the highest level Hi-Fi costs?

A fork alone can easily cost more than what you paid for your entire bike. Same goes for wheels.

But the fork on the Reveal 2 is a $300-$400 shock, which makes the $3,500 price tag pretty crazy.

Last edited:
F

Fourtyfell

I dont understand why anyone would pay that much money for a bike with a 400 dollar front shock.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Yeah that is crazy. You can get carbon bikes cheaper than that.

Are Fuji bikes sold differently than other brands? Don't they get sold in sport stores like Ironhorse and GT? I doubt they actually sell for the listed price.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
But the fork on the Reveal 2 is a $300-$400 shock, which makes the $3,500 price tag pretty crazy.

The recon is getting spec'd on nicer bikes for '09. I don't know if it's gotten any better or if the manufacturers are just trying to stay in the black, but it's more common in the 2k and 3k range. the 09 spark that retails for 3k also has one.

F

Fourtyfell

Yeah that is crazy. You can get carbon bikes cheaper than that.

Are Fuji bikes sold differently than other brands? Don't they get sold in sport stores like Ironhorse and GT? I doubt they actually sell for the listed price.

I havent seen any fuji's on the trails. only road bikes.

and yea as for the recon, its not great but not shabby, i wouldnt expect it on a 3 grand bike though, thats for sure

sixseven

Is that from WWF back when Bob Backlund was the champ? That was my era of wrestling as entertainment. That bozo Vince Mcmahon was the MC then, he would get insulted by every wrestler that he would interview.
I remember going to see a big battle royale at a high school gym by me with Andre the Giant, Bulldog Brower, Iron Shiek, Snuka, Gorilla Monsoon, Bob Backlund, and a bunch of others.
Wrestling now??? I would rather go to a bar and instigate a fight between some local drunks than watch it.

The Kalmyk

I loved it back then...My man was JYD...It's sad ho he left us...Fell asleep at the wheel of his car:(

walter

Fourth Party
My mom met Randy Savage and Ted DiBiase at an airport bar waiting for a flight.

I didnt ask any further questions.

sixseven

Gorilla Monsoon was a member of my local pool growing up. He would just sit around tanning all day.

sixseven

Several items in my treasure trove of shit that I can't seem to get rid of:
the Classy Fred Blase book...which features an awesome chapter on how to look at your nails if you are a 'real man'.
A stack of wrestling magazines, the prize issue has a cover featuring Andre the Giant as Bigfoot with The Six Million Dollar Man from the tv show episode.

Top Bottom