Whats The Deal with Fuji ?

dualfisted

this may sound strange

If I'm spending 3-4 G on a bike, the parts spec damn well better say XTR or better. Maybe I'm ole fashioned or something. I'm sure I am with my xtr/ xt '97 fully rigid specialized rig. But still, that kinda money doesn't get ya high end components??? I guess I'll just go to the Dokken reunion instead!!!!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If I'm spending 3-4 G on a bike, the parts spec damn well better say XTR or better.

I find you can't really go by the "XT component line" or "XO-level bike" anymore with most manufacturers (except santa cruz and a few other makes). Too many manufacturers are getting creative with their spec, and let's face it, wheels and fork are the most important anyway.

giant trance X1: mostly XT and nice wheels, $4200
giant trance X2, XT rear der., the rest is less: $2800.

dualfisted

throw me a bone here would ya

all i really need to say xtr on it is that rear der. i can deal elsewhere i'm sure. wheels n fork is a biggie. but man, to not get true high end on a 4 G bike....... well, bike execs must be taking some fat golf outings on the company dime ala AIG style!!!!

sixseven

all i really need to say xtr on it is that rear der. i can deal elsewhere i'm sure. wheels n fork is a biggie. but man, to not get true high end on a 4 G bike....... well, bike execs must be taking some fat golf outings on the company dime ala AIG style!!!!

all out of bones here...how bout if I throw a Fuji at you?

dualfisted

keep yer damn fuji!!!!!!!

all out of bones here...how bout if I throw a Fuji at you?

Haha, that's funny!!!! I'm pretty much resigned to holding onto my old skool Specialized Stumpy. There's soo many toys I'd like to get in this big world of mtb, but the prices are getting pretty shocking. I do smell a SS 29er in my future as one can still be had for under a G. I'd love to get a road bike, but can't get anything with Ultegra for under 2300. I'm sticking with my '74 Schwinn Varsity Fixxie for the road for now. Sheesh, and I thought I was makin' ok money. How do these cats manage to get multiple high end bikes around here. My car only cost me 3 G's (my harley was "slightly" pricier). Ding, lightbulb!!! I'd have to give up the Harley to afford cycling!!!!!! Can't do it! Lates peeps, TJ

VanDbtRiver

Haha, that's funny!!!! I'm pretty much resigned to holding onto my old skool Specialized Stumpy. There's soo many toys I'd like to get in this big world of mtb, but the prices are getting pretty shocking. I do smell a SS 29er in my future as one can still be had for under a G. I'd love to get a road bike, but can't get anything with Ultegra for under 2300. I'm sticking with my '74 Schwinn Varsity Fixxie for the road for now. Sheesh, and I thought I was makin' ok money. How do these cats manage to get multiple high end bikes around here. My car only cost me 3 G's (my harley was "slightly" pricier). Ding, lightbulb!!! I'd have to give up the Harley to afford cycling!!!!!! Can't do it! Lates peeps, TJ

you just reminded me. http://www.harleyrace.com/
thanks for getting us back on topic.

Top Bottom