What WEIRD things have you found on your rides?

olegbabich

The best thing - Tow Light Bar - sold it on Ebay for $180.

Also found some tools when riding on the road.

The worst thing - If I have time, after riding a Local Singletrack on KTM, I make a point of filling my truck up with garbage that people "Leave Behind".

This past summer I stopped to check out a new pile of about 6 Contractor Grade Garbage Bags. This time the bags were not filled with Construction Derbies, they were full bones and some looked very human. At this moment I lost my "Man Card" and I think I had my 1st Panic Attack. (How many Dead Hookers can fill 6 large garbage bags?)

As soon as I got to a paved road, I parked and called the Local Cops, telling the dispatch that I think I found human remains.

10 min later 2 Police Cars made a Tactical Approach - (arriving at the same time from different directions and parking 1/2 block away). 1 officer approached me on foot, while the other stood behind his car to cover his partner. After determining that I was not a threat, but just a Doofus with a Dirt Bike, the cops followed me to the spot.

Officer opened 1 bag and all I saw was red hair (Holly Shit this 1 bag is full of human heads) at this point I was stuttering and my hands were sweating.

After examining the content of a couple of bags it was determined they are full of deer bones and carcasses. The red hair was deer hide.

1 officer stayed behind to make a report. I hope they called the Fish and Game.

Sven Migot

It's a natural formation, actually. The natural areas of NJ's bay-side islands have them. You can read more about them from the interpretive panels along the hiking trail.
giphy (7).gif

canadensis

There are a few shitty hunter/deer dump sites by me, but this is the first bear dump I ever saw. Found 2 very recently dead bear dumped in a not terribly off trail spot in a WMA last year. I called 1800WARNDEP thinking these were hunted and dumped right after bear hunting was cancelled on state land last year, and it's right above a stream so it seemed like a bad spot to let any big animals rot, at least to me. The local NJF&G guy called back and confirmed the location before I finished describing it, and was like "well the incinerator broke so we are taking road kill bears here."
Another young one was placed here a few weeks ago.
20200303_113950.jpg
20200303_113637.jpg

Attachments

• 20200303_113811.jpg
    20200303_113811.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 80

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I've found a few wrenches, a tape measure, and a framing hammer. Last fall I was road riding and saw a few baseball cards laying alongside the road. At first I thought that somebody just bought a pack looking for something good and ditched the rest. Then I noticed that a few were in sleeves, so I stopped. There was a whole pile of cards from the early Ninties with a few Basketball cards in there too. Pretty much all names that you would know. I looked up a few and they seem like they might be worth a few bucks a piece? I put lost and found on Craigslist and looked for lost stuff but never saw anything. Lost interest since I have no idea on if they're worth anything or where I would get rid of them. So just sitting in my home office. Let me know if you're interested. ?
IMG_20200329_172825679.jpg

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
In 6th grade on the boonton side jersey city reservoir we saw people bumping uglies, we walked back across the reservoir.... Yes it was frozen solid cold as get out

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've found a few wrenches, a tape measure, and a framing hammer. Last fall I was road riding and saw a few baseball cards laying alongside the road. At first I thought that somebody just bought a pack looking for something good and ditched the rest. Then I noticed that a few were in sleeves, so I stopped. There was a whole pile of cards from the early Ninties with a few Basketball cards in there too. Pretty much all names that you would know. I looked up a few and they seem like they might be worth a few bucks a piece? I put lost and found on Craigslist and looked for lost stuff but never saw anything. Lost interest since I have no idea on if they're worth anything or where I would get rid of them. So just sitting in my home office. Let me know if you're interested. ?
View attachment 123532

Oh man I’ll take them!

Top Bottom