What have you done to your car today?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Iv never seen yellow tape on then just the idiots that leave the shipping protectors on the splitters. No clue what that dumb idea is all about

Fat Trout

just finished an unscheduled rush brake job on my wifes Rav4 rear brakes. Front and rear needed it. Ordered a full front / rear power stop kit in early july. delivery pushed back 3 times due to supply chain delays uggh. one of the rear brakes started dragging and thought i did a temporary fix last night lubing the sticky caliper pins. Better but still dragging. canceled the full set order and picked up brakes locally. Seems OK now, here's to hoping its not a flaky caliper or line. Only 60k so wouldn't think so but I guess ya never know. On the plus side I learned how to put electronic ebrakes into service mode....thank you youtube lol. Front to be done soon....just not tonight.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
just finished an unscheduled rush brake job on my wifes Rav4 rear brakes. Front and rear needed it. Ordered a full front / rear power stop kit in early july. delivery pushed back 3 times due to supply chain delays uggh. one of the rear brakes started dragging and thought i did a temporary fix last night lubing the sticky caliper pins. Better but still dragging. canceled the full set order and picked up brakes locally. Seems OK now, here's to hoping its not a flaky caliper or line. Only 60k so wouldn't think so but I guess ya never know. On the plus side I learned how to put electronic ebrakes into service mode....thank you youtube lol. Front to be done soon....just not tonight.

keep an eye on that caliper, my wifes old car needed both rear calipers replaced separately in under 100k miles

Reactions: don

Fat Trout

keep an eye on that caliper, my wifes old car needed both rear calipers replaced separately in under 100k miles
I definitely will, tks for the feedback. I just took the car for the same ride that was creating the problem (wifes work to home). All is well, no more issue but I'm kind of surprised. I had to change the rotors pads etc because they were toast and to rule them out but I sort of expected the caliper to still be an issue. I can only guess the piston was extended so far from 2 worn pads and a worn rotor that it was its own issue somehow.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I definitely will, tks for the feedback. I just took the car for the same ride that was creating the problem (wifes work to home). All is well, no more issue but I'm kind of surprised. I had to change the rotors pads etc because they were toast and to rule them out but I sort of expected the caliper to still be an issue. I can only guess the piston was extended so far from 2 worn pads and a worn rotor that it was its own issue somehow.

get yourself one of these infrared non contact thermometers and check the rotor temps, it could be dragging LESS now, but still dragging, better to pick up the temperature difference side to side (they should be fairly close) now rather than burn up another set of pads before noticing.

Amazon product

Fat Trout

get yourself one of these infrared non contact thermometers and check the rotor temps, it could be dragging LESS now, but still dragging, better to pick up the temperature difference side to side (they should be fairly close) now rather than burn up another set of pads before noticing.

Amazon product

ordered. Wife leaves her card on the amazon account. Its her car. click click done lol

w_b

Nice find; cheaper than trying to pry my old one apart, figure out the battery, order and install.

don

Original diff from my 109, only 26k miles but had to adjust pinion preload. I’m keeping stock 10-spline/open front, but Salisbury Detroit rear. That should get me where I’m going ;)
Nice! Wow with only 26k miles!

Series are geared pretty low stock (I know coilers are 3.54 and I think leaf sprung are 4.3's?). Detroit in the rear and open up front should work well on a 109 and will be ultra simple/durable.

Top Bottom