What have you done to your bike today?

On the flip side of all this carbon and ASX because I am truly a peasant, installed proper HG drive on the onyx hub abd mounted up the $160 microshift adventx groupset. I challenge anyone to convince me that I need more then 10 gears.

Honestly I need more then 1 ride, though Patty has been rolling this same groupset. It does shift smooth even under pressure. Super easy to set up and is a lighter groupset then XT/GX. I have another set waiting for the nimble 9.
Interesting. Do you run a narrow/wide chain and front chainring?

More matchy matchy!
505AD861-0120-41E7-9E60-833737F1FD77.jpeg

934C1704-7874-4EFA-8D39-D03C7337701C.jpeg

Switching a seat collar is way more time consuming with these dropper posts!

Hey I actually fixed the shifting and stuck suspension lockout on the Blur. I was gonna just give it to the local house call bike mechanic but he's on a four month RV tour out west so gave it a go myself with the help of youtube videos. Shifting just needed a tension adjustment and the lockout needed a little lube. Success!

Hey I actually fixed the shifting and stuck suspension lockout on the Blur. I was gonna just give it to the local house call bike mechanic but he's on a four month RV tour out west so gave it a go myself with the help of youtube videos. Shifting just needed a tension adjustment and the lockout needed a little lube. Success!

not worth it -- just get a new bike.
;)

Welcome to Projekt Resurrection. This is my original 90’s Stumpy, bought new from Martys in Morristown and jumped off many a loading dock.

I’m converting it to a modern (ish) 10 speed drivetrain as the plastic grip shifts were about to detonate. Except a new chain this was all parts bin stuff. Extra cool is the modern SLX trigger actuating the front derailleur properly.

Ultimately I want to find a 100-120 fork and get the front end off the dirt. Anyway.

Current decision is How Many Gears. Triple is appropriately old skool but a pain to setup. Upside is this thing freaking motors in the big ring. I could swap cranks and go single, stick with the triple, find a five bolt NW ring, etc. I’m trying to put zero dollars into this but still trying to make it funner and more reliable.

Hard to believe how clean the old stuff is. Guess I didn’t use it that much
476AC809-529B-4274-B15D-337EEBF57CD5.jpeg
8691E4D6-6210-420C-ACA1-10E598E46A70.jpeg
42C1C04A-1B45-4628-9C98-8444EFF36333.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom