What have you done to your bike today?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I had a 50x9 on my SL6, it's impossible to spin out. Like I used that bike in the BRP and couldn't spin it out. It's absurdly huge. I'm running a 46t on my SL7.

Gravity assist FTW

long hill road or Rileyville - both 50mph possibilities!

Kaleidopete

Replaced five missing tire studs that I lost, only in the rear. Front was good/
Wingdam01.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Seriously looking at carbon wheels for the Blur. Is Stan's podium SRD the gold standard for lightest/strongest??

Go Reserve all day. Stan's wheels are light but they're poop out of the box. If you go that route buy rims and have them built elsewhere.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I bought some crank brother’s xct11. 25/27 internal width with i9 hydras. Love em. 1505 grams.

Sounds nice. But those Reserves have a no questions asked free replacement for life. I'll take whatever that weight penalty in exchange for never having to buy wheels again.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the flip side of all this carbon and ASX because I am truly a peasant, installed proper HG drive on the onyx hub abd mounted up the $160 microshift adventx groupset. I challenge anyone to convince me that I need more then 10 gears.

Honestly I need more then 1 ride, though Patty has been rolling this same groupset. It does shift smooth even under pressure. Super easy to set up and is a lighter groupset then XT/GX. I have another set waiting for the nimble 9.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
On the flip side of all this carbon and ASX because I am truly a peasant, installed proper HG drive on the onyx hub abd mounted up the $160 microshift adventx groupset. I challenge anyone to convince me that I need more then 10 gears.

Honestly I need more then 1 ride, though Patty has been rolling this same groupset. It does shift smooth even under pressure. Super easy to set up and is a lighter groupset then XT/GX. I have another set waiting for the nimble 9.
Pics or it didn’t happen

mtbiker87

I have their 9 speed set up on my fat bike and it works really well. I have bikes in the stable with GX, and XT, and i'd be really hard pressed to say I can tell a difference in the shift quality, or overall performance. If nothing else, I've realized that it's the wider range that was missing from 9 and 10 speed drivetrains, not more gears. Yeah, maybe the jumps between gears might not be optimal for someone super concerned about keeping a specific cadence throughout the gear range, but for the average trail rider, these wide range, less gear set ups are worth looking into, despite not being pushed by the big boys. After having ridden mine, Id take microshift over anything below SRAM GX all day long.

Top Bottom