What happened to the bridge on White??

Off The Road Again

Rode CR on Monday, to my surprise the bridge at the beginning of White was gone!! It definitely wasn't washed away since we haven't had any storms. And, based on previous posts, this bridge is very heavy, so it must have required a lot of stupid people to move it.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
May have
Rode CR on Monday, to my surprise the bridge at the beginning of White was gone!! It definitely wasn't washed away since we haven't had any storms. And, based on previous posts, this bridge is very heavy, so it must have required a lot of stupid people to move it.
got washed away? Had a downpour last week and it was gone on thirsday with trees down all over the place

terrabike01

Kudo's to who ever fixed the ramp at the end of the boardwalk in the wet area and the end of the white. The hanging tree branch at the bottom of the ramp needs to be cut back. If your standing up when you go down the ramp your going to get a face full of tree. Make sure you duck when going down the ramp!

Last edited:

Off The Road Again

May have

got washed away? Had a downpour last week and it was gone on thirsday with trees down all over the place
I didn't think we had that heavy of storms, but maybe. Didn't see any trees down either. Hoping Mother Nature took the bridge and not a group of idiots. Stream is easy to cross now with the water down, but the bridge was nice for hikers and other trail users.

rick81721

Lothar
Where is a bridge on white? There's that board you cross after the gravel trail from red/blue lot, and that boardwalk at the end. Glad to hear there is finally a ramp at the end of the boardwalk, I never rode down that rickety old board

Off The Road Again

Where is a bridge on white? There's that board you cross after the gravel trail from red/blue lot, and that boardwalk at the end. Glad to hear there is finally a ramp at the end of the boardwalk, I never rode down that rickety old board
Different bridge. I know the one you're talking about at end of Boardwalk. It's rideable, but afraid of getting whacked by low tree on way down, or just wimp out. The bridge I'm talking about is the first one you mentioned - on White nearest Newman's lot, little stream crossing on gravel just before T to go right along reservoir or left to fun ST. Crossing water now isn't bad, but eventually (hopefully) water will rise so it'll get slick and sloppy - not to mention hikers might pile rocks to create a dry 'bridge', and ultimately create a dam, which is not good for the natural ecosystem there.

Off The Road Again

it was pretty far down stream last time around, someone should have listened to @pooriggy tethered it to a tree or something
I'm too busy now to look for it
Good chance I'll be there this Saturday, so I'll scope it out and try to locate it. Still don't recall the heavy downpour, guess I was sound asleep.

RyanW

I believe I saw the log/bridge floating in the middle of the reservoir on Sunday. I'm guessing the storm on Friday night may have washed it out from wherever it was hiding.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe I saw the log/bridge floating in the middle of the reservoir on Sunday. I'm guessing the storm on Friday night may have washed it out from wherever it was hiding.
I thought that bridge would be half way across the Atlantic by now, it's been missing for awhile .

RyanW

Confirmed it today. Go around the reservoir clockwise across the boardwalk and towards Chimney Rock Rd. It's about halfway to the road against the bank

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw it today as well. No chance of getting it back to its original spot, just too far. Thinking possibly could go at the boardwalk stream crossing. Even that may be a challenge.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have an extra bridge at my house. It weighs about 800 lbs tho. Seriously, I've been thinking about it for awhile. Need to get the concrete saw going.

qclabrat

tried to use it like a paddle board last time and it won't support my weight. So would not suggest that if anyone is thinking that. I feel anywhere we put it will eventually float off

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
images.jpg
If we can get it on the fire road. I have a heavy duty wagon we can pull it around with.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions