What are you watching now?

Have either of you watched "We Own This City".

The Wire was the best series ever! I've only seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad.

My wife did some work for the Baltimore City while a criminology grad student at Univ of MD. She recognized the "office" where the wire computers were setup. She said it was a shit hole in a basement just like the show. One of her fellow criminology friends from college still works for the city.

Have a close friend who's now Baltimore County popo, was Baltimore City western district from '95-'99. I used to bounce questions off him all the time. Every one was confirmed true.

If you're a fan of the show, remember how Herc and Carver would stand in the parking lot at the precinct drinking beer and what they did with the cans? And the episode with the scene that showed where all the cans were located? I called him and asked, said he only remembers the cans being dealt with once or twice while there. He took a few of us on a drive along thru the 'hood in his personal vehicle once. Scary shit. Hamsterdam was real.

Another classic episode. https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2018/02/how-that-fuck-scene-from-the-wire-came-to-be
ejgo0s0w91451.jpg

Rings of power. I always enjoyed LOTR. So far I really like this series too. I’m surprised it’s got meh reviews. It’s exactly what I thought and hoped it would be like.

And house of the dragon. Same as above. I’m all in.

I just started Rings of Power and then the new Rick and Morty dropped so...I liked the 1st episode.

Is it a "what am I watching" or a show? IDK, but I went to the opening showing of Clerks3. Kevin Smith introduced the movie and talked a lot. Brian said I'm not supposed to be here. If you're a fan of the original, the new one will not disappoint...Not sure when the movie opens to the Public but go see it.

20220904_155144.jpg

My youngest got me hooked on Kotaro Lives Alone on Netflix. I'm not really an anime fan but damn if that show isn't catchy as hell

Sandman on Netflix. I dig it. We're 8 episodes in, and very much enjoy this.

I tried Nathan For You and I lasted 1 episode. IDK...I feel like this would have been great for me when I was in high school.

Watching house of the dragon which I like so far... Although my Targaryen history is all confused... But then again their family tree looks like a 2 year old's scribble so it's understandable. Hoping HBO doesn't fuck this up.

My youngest got me watching Kotaro Lives Alone on Netflix with him. I'm not much for anime but damn if I don't find it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom