What are you watching now?

Started watching Marcella on Netflix.

we tend to gravitate to the whoodunnit kinda mini series.

This one is a little all over the place so when you doze off for 5-10 minutes and try to claim youre not asleep, the penalty is having to figure out whats going on yourself. :p

I guess late to the game, but we’ve been enjoying Suits lately.
Fits neatly in the narrow overlap in the venn diagram of what I and Mrs Manic want to/will watch.
And lots of episodes, so no worry on burning through them.

True detective S4. 2 episodes in and I am all in.

I feel like it's been a bit of a slow start, but I just finished episode 5 last night and it's really all starting to click together.

I don't know if it's just me or I've listened to too much loud music in my 42 years, but HBO audio engineers absolutely suck. I sit there with the remote in my hand cranking the volume up and down depending on the scene so I can hear the dialogue, and not wake the kids up when the scene changes with some new sound at a much higher level.

I need to turn on CC sometimes to understand what they're saying.

I don't know if it's just me or I've listened to too much loud music in my 42 years, but HBO audio engineers absolutely suck. I sit there with the remote in my hand cranking the volume up and down depending on the scene so I can hear the dialogue, and not wake the kids up when the scene changes with some new sound at a much higher level.
Airpod pros connected to my Apple TV and the sound is great. But when I’m using the speakers I notice the same thing.

I guess late to the game, but we’ve been enjoying Suits lately.
Fits neatly in the narrow overlap in the venn diagram of what I and Mrs Manic want to/will watch.
And lots of episodes, so no worry on burning through them.
Wife has been watching this for a while now every now and then I see part of an episode it seems pretty good but she’s deep into the seasons so I’d have too much catching up to do.

I feel like it's been a bit of a slow start, but I just finished episode 5 last night and it's really all starting to click together.

I need to turn on CC sometimes to understand what they're saying.
We had this same issue with Netflix on our older smart TV.

We figured out every show and episode defaults the TV audio setting to “English 5.1” and thinks we have surround sound.

Every time we watch something we have to change the Netflix audio setting to non 5.1 if that makes sense.

Airpod pros connected to my Apple TV and the sound is great. But when I’m using the speakers I notice the same thing.

I was thinking it probably sounds fine to people wearing headphones, but I rarely watch shows that way. I guess I'll have to give it a try.
We had this same issue with Netflix on our older smart TV.

We figured out every show and episode defaults the TV audio setting to “English 5.1” and thinks we have surround sound.

Every time we watch something we have to change the Netflix audio setting to non 5.1 if that makes sense.
I have a 5.1 setup, which makes it even more annoying. I've cranked up the dialogue volume too but that only seems to help so much.

Watched the first 4 episodes of the Last Airbender on Netflix. Thankfully it’s awesome. After the movie butchered the original Animated series I was definitely skeptical…Characters are dead on with the original.

Finished the Sopranos last night. I enjoyed it but I don't know if it was the best show ever. I understand why people started to tune out in the last season. The start of season 6 got a little left field at times. But it corrected quickly enough. I have no problem with the end, though a lot of people seem to. I enjoy the ambiguous ending that lets you sort of choose your own adventure, if you're so inclined. I appreciate it.

Picked up True Detective season 3 because I never followed through. I want to get to 4, but let's do 3 first. I mean, I did sit through 2, which was apparently the low point.

Watching Everything, Everywhere, All At Once on the train right now. This is a bit much. A tad overloaded. I guess the title is accurate, you might say.

I finished the latest season of What We Do in the Shadows a few weeks ago. That show hasn't lost a step in 5 seasons.

We did watch 3 of the Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It's good enough to keep going.

We watched 4 episodes of Mr. Robot and I'm not sure we're going to keep going with that one. A little too drug/hallucination-heavy for my interests. IMO the dream/hallucination direction is a really weak direction for shows to take. When the show isn't hallucinating, it's ok. I was hoping it settled in a bit after the first few, but it remains rough around the edges after 4.

We watched 4 episodes of Mr. Robot and I'm not sure we're going to keep going with that one. A little too drug/hallucination-heavy for my interests. IMO the dream/hallucination direction is a really weak direction for shows to take. When the show isn't hallucinating, it's ok. I was hoping it settled in a bit after the first few, but it remains rough around the edges after 4.

we also watched mr robot (granted a while ago) and while we finished it, i will say the whole hallucination thing certainly made it a bit hard to follow at (most) times. not certain i would recommend it to anyone unless i knew for sure they were into that sort of thing as

Finished the Sopranos last night. I enjoyed it but I don't know if it was the best show ever. I understand why people started to tune out in the last season. The start of season 6 got a little left field at times. But it corrected quickly enough. I have no problem with the end, though a lot of people seem to. I enjoy the ambiguous ending that lets you sort of choose your own adventure, if you're so inclined. I appreciate it.

Picked up True Detective season 3 because I never followed through. I want to get to 4, but let's do 3 first. I mean, I did sit through 2, which was apparently the low point.

Watching Everything, Everywhere, All At Once on the train right now. This is a bit much. A tad overloaded. I guess the title is accurate, you might say.

I finished the latest season of What We Do in the Shadows a few weeks ago. That show hasn't lost a step in 5 seasons.

We did watch 3 of the Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It's good enough to keep going.

So, raise ur ✋ if you haven't seen "The Sopranos?"1000005933-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom