What are you cooking right now?

We did bacon and blue cheese last night on the BGE. No photos.

I’ll try to remember to take pictures of tonight’s pork chops.

nice to have a good butcher near by during the end of the world food fest.

Nicksprimemeats.com

have him grind in some pork belly for a 75/25, then slow cook it for a couple hours with some smoke.....
clothes shopping on amazon right now.

How do you like that Redi check? I had the same one and tossed it in the garbage after loosing connection one too many times and over cooking something.
I really like it, and it’s served me well for a really long time now.
I think the particular model makes a difference- when I bought this one, there was a newer one out that I passed on because of reviews like yours.

The Weber models out now with the app and all seem pretty cool, and can support 4 probes. Handy when doing multiple pork butts.

More adventures in sous vide, prime ribeye edition. Only 90 mins in the bath then a quick sear on the grill. Continuing the alternative cooking device theme, air fryer russet cajun fries. While i'm actually enjoying the SV machine for its strengths, the air fryer is definitely gimmicky. Its just a glorified convection oven which our oven/toaster already can do. Potatoes come out *looking* crispy, but the texture isn't that great frankly. Decent enough though i guess. A little spring mountain cab to wash it all down!

IMG_20200405_195719.jpg

I think the particular model makes a difference- when I bought this one, there was a newer one out that I passed on because of reviews like yours.

The Weber models out now with the app and all seem pretty cool, and can support 4 probes. Handy when doing multiple pork butts.

i have the weber - very handy with the probes to do the top of the smoke box and the meat.
I don't like that the app tries to help with the "what are you cooking?" - but it does have
tracking and the ability to take notes.

I have both of the Weber iGrills. 1 port and 4 port. I like the app, bluetooth range is pretty good. Probes arent the most durable, but knowing that, you just gotta be easy with them.

I need to invest in a Therma-pro insta-read. The BB&B one I have has some fluctuations.

i have the weber - very handy with the probes to do the top of the smoke box and the meat.
I don't like that the app tries to help with the "what are you cooking?" - but it does have
tracking and the ability to take notes.
Yeah, i like that it tracks temps, letting you see the course of the session.
Because data.
My neighbor gave me one for my birthday, but I passed, since I figured I didn’t need 2.
I’m an idiot sometimes.

Yeah, i like that it tracks temps, letting you see the course of the session.
Because data.
My neighbor gave me one for my birthday, but I passed, since I figured I didn’t need 2.
I’m an idiot sometimes.

I use this too. Seems to work well

Back
Top Bottom