What are you cooking right now?

Start eggs in cold water, bring to boil set timer for 4 min. Remove from heat and place eggs in an Ice Bath. Peel and reheat eggs in simmering water for 2 min before serving.

Bon Apettite.
That's a lot of work to make some eggs. Scrambled FTW.

Not cooking but eating - yellowtail snapper special at the local seafood place. Started with a dozen shucked local oysters - awesome. Pro tip when in FL - avoid the sucker tourist grouper, any snapper (red, mangrove, yellowtail, etc) is far superior

20200311_170014.jpg

Pork Rinds: Day two - the skin has been cut up into thumb size pieces, then boiled for an hour.
Then overnight in the fridge congealed the fat, so easily cut from the skin. Next into the
oven for 8 hours at 180 to get the rest of the fat to render off.

1584708539626.png

Pork Rinds: Day two - the skin has been cut up into thumb size pieces, then boiled for an hour.
Then overnight in the fridge congealed the fat, so easily cut from the skin. Next into the
oven for 8 hours at 180 to get the rest of the fat to render off.

View attachment 122097
Surprised you aren’t to putting them in the smoker instead of the oven. I know nothing about pork rinds though

Surprised you aren’t to putting them in the smoker instead of the oven. I know nothing about pork rinds though

this is a drying stage, so that would work - and i thought about it. maybe next time when i have some meat to go in there.

Was it all skin like the ones you buy at the store? The ones in Spain I had a few months ago had 5mm of fat. Really good but terrible for the heart.
View attachment 122251

i sliced the fat off after boiling it, then rendered the rest off in the oven - so all skin!
a little frightening working with oil at 400F+ - approaching its flash point.

1584803933925.png

Back
Top Bottom