Wharton Conditions

onetracker

Thank you! Hit WSF today while down here in the south. Beautiful day! Conditions were perfect. I love throwing on some of my favorite music and linking turns together for ~20mi. So different than my usual terrain. So much fun!!! Major fail was that I forgot to apply the tick spray. Pulled one off on trail and showered + my wife gave me a good check right when I got back to my buddy’s house on LBI. Those buggers are active and ready to party; the bastards.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ferns when growing, grow like your lawn grows. The ferns die off around August/September. And that's when we start to roll. Watch this page or our Facebook page for upcoming trail work dates.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 9.22.52 PM.png

pibbles

sandman

I thought I would finish up the white trail and maybe the red. Went up what I did last week, 1 new down tree, removed. Got to the green, where the leaned tree was last week. All gone, just the log across the trail.20201008_191910.JPG Then headed toward the blue20201008_193234.JPG 20201008_195741.JPG. Made it to the blue, came across this20201008_215513.JPG. Got on the red. This was surprisingly in good shape. This was the only thing I saw, that would give the mower some trouble 20201008_195751.JPG. I felt so guilty, that knocked over a tree, just to clean something up.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
We are planning on a Monday 8/16/21 trail maintenance day. 7:30 AM till ? RSVP for meeting location and work plan. Clippers and work gloves provided. Bring water, comfortable shoes, and a sense of humor. TWC forecasted Rain Storms and/or Heat Warnings Cancels. Much thanks to @sandman for his many hours of prep work!

pibbles

We are planning on a Monday 8/16/21 trail maintenance day. 7:30 AM till ? RSVP for meeting location and work plan. Clippers and work gloves provided. Bring water, comfortable shoes, and a sense of humor. TWC forecasted Rain Storms and/or Heat Warnings Cancels. Much thanks to @sandman for his many hours of prep work!
Big thanks to everyone that showed up for trail work yesterday, saw alot of old faces and some new ones, got alot done, and a huge shout out to @sandman for making the mowing much easier by clearing out the trees that fell across the trails! Couple more of these and we'll be set for another season!

sandman

Big thanks to everyone that showed up for trail work yesterday, saw alot of old faces and some new ones, got alot done, and a huge shout out to @sandman for making the mowing much easier by clearing out the trees that fell across the trails! Couple more of these and we'll be set for another season!
Planning a long ride on 9/11 from Carranza, 9am. Will road ride our way to the Orange trail, then the Blue. I hope you put those ferns in there place. BTW, 9/11 starts bow season.

carvegybe

Chigger warning!

Rode the Batsto loop yesterday. Only interaction with the vegetation was what you touch when you ride plus I needed to get off the bike maybe 4 times or so to clear a log. I was off the bike for approx. 30-45 seconds in total. That seems to have been enough to get a chigger infestation below the line where socks can be dropped to apply deet. I have never had it this bad. Had I known, I would have dosed socks in permerthrin and/or applied deet to entire foot and then put socks on.

Karate Monkey

Chigger warning!

Rode the Batsto loop yesterday. Only interaction with the vegetation was what you touch when you ride plus I needed to get off the bike maybe 4 times or so to clear a log. I was off the bike for approx. 30-45 seconds in total. That seems to have been enough to get a chigger infestation below the line where socks can be dropped to apply deet. I have never had it this bad. Had I known, I would have dosed socks in permerthrin and/or applied deet to entire foot and then put socks on.

Wear stockings or sun sleeves during chigger season 😙

pibbles

Chigger warning!

1/3 of the posts here are about chiggers. I always remove socks b4 applying till the 1st frost. Treat all clothing with sawyer and make freinds with the road bike in August. Them f*****s are no joke. @slingblade_uhhuh got me to carry a lint roller (3m sticky tape) for removal on the move or when you get back to the lot.

w_b

Indeed I am still trying to get right from that ride with Timbay last year. WTF. Chiggs u suck.

sj_john

1/3 of the posts here are about chiggers. I always remove socks b4 applying till the 1st frost. Treat all clothing with sawyer and make freinds with the road bike in August. Them f*****s are no joke. @slingblade_uhhuh got me to carry a lint roller (3m sticky tape) for removal on the move or when you get back to the lot.

This is why I wear treated knee socks when riding or working on the Wharton trails in the summer.

carvegybe

So my chigger infestation is now resulting in fever, chills, etc. The itching has subsided but I haven't enjoyed the last 6 days. Bite area around ankles does not seem infected. They don't spread lyme. At the doctors now...and taking blood for tests. Has anyone gone through this?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions