Western Monmouth County Trail Build

Pooriggy, I can make a Tues or Thurs am work to help out. I still haven’t gotten the training class in since we last talked about Hartshourne TM.

Feel free to direct message if one of those weekdays work. My Volunteer app is all done.

If anyone is in the area - please put some tires on this trail - it will only help make it better. There is a bunch of potential at this place!
Too funny!! I rode it a week or so ago and the climb felt like i was pedaling in two feet of water

• Haha
Reactions: don
Rode it this afternoon with my brother. Trail is fun, needs some wheels and traffic to harden it up, but so much potential here. Getting more mileage will be awesome...the hills have some kick!

Too funny!! I rode it a week or so ago and the climb felt like i was pedaling in two feet of water

lol - I'm sure - off camber organic trail will do that! Even hiking the climbs I was breathing harder at the top than I should be.

I forgot to shout out Iggy in my previous post. He has put a ton of thought into the trail layout and design and has been putting many hours within the park system to get some development here (that part of it is just as hard if not harder than making the actual trail!).

wow looks like some awesome work! great stuff! this is right around the block from my niece's house, so will have to check it out soon!

I checked it out just now and jogged on it. Really excited about this. I'll fill out the volunteer form so I can help out in the future.

I was on the trail that was on the parking lot side. Is there trail across Millstone Rd like it shows on the map or is that proposed and not built yet? I'm terrible at finding trails which is why I opted to go on foot this morning. Might go back with the bike later or tomorrow on my lunch break.

added Iggy's map to Maprika, and working on trailforks. Iggy, do you have a GPX of the entire Pine Hill trail yet?

Backdoor valley entrance to Pville trails...

2FEF91C9-8E74-418D-AC68-7D8CDD36D7AB.jpeg

Is there trail across Millstone Rd like it shows on the map or is that proposed and not built yet?
That is proposed trail across from Millstone rd. It is park system property and we have the green light to put trails in there. Eventually it will connect with Rocky Brook trail off of Agress rd.
added Iggy's map to Maprika, and working on trailforks. Iggy, do you have a GPX of the entire Pine Hill trail yet?
I do not have a GPX file. There should be a strava file by now with people riding it. I'm not good at recording/mapping rides. I usually refer to my Hagstrom map or make my own candyland map with crayons.

Possibly get with those Roosevelt folks as well for a little extra action. Their trails are the connector to assumpink

What's the soil like / how does it drain? Considering heading over today assuming the little rain we had yesterday doesn't pose much of an issue out there. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom