Western Monmouth County Trail Build

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm reaching out to the mtb peeps near western Monmouth County. Help is needed building new trail.

We are 60% complete on new trails off of Pine Hill road. These trails are multi use however they are designed to updated standards in mtbing. This trail will be under 3 miles in length with some directional flow lines, machine built in the bowl area.

If this sounds good, come out and help us finish the trail. Aside from this we have additional new trail to go in across from Millstone road. These two properties are not flat and are well suited for fast flowing lines. In total there is potential for 15 miles of good new trail by connecting to Agress Rd.

Go check out the trails at Pine Hill. If you've ridden the water tower at Hartshorne, you know what volunteers are building in the Monmouth County Park System. We can make a great set of trails in the Perrineville area.

Mountain bikers make the best trail builders because bikes. Please fill out an application and message me your name, I will get in touch with you.

New trails in red.
Screenshot_20211202-144333_Drive.jpg

Pine Hill parking

95 Pine Hill Rd

Rusty

Walked a good portion of this and its going to be great to ride.

I looked on the website (am already trained for monmouth county) and didn't see a date for the next session(s) at Perrineville. Enlighten me and I might actually show up!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Walked a good portion of this and its going to be great to ride.

I looked on the website (am already trained for monmouth county) and didn't see a date for the next session(s) at Perrineville. Enlighten me and I might actually show up!
Saturday 12/11 9am is our next session.
Parking lot posted above.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you need to be Monmouth-trained to participate in this?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We had a good turn out today and got some quality trail built. This is not some rake and go generic xc trail but rather flow trail designed to carry speed and enjoy the ride. There is climbing but down hill makes it worth it, kinda like Hartshorne but with better lines.

20211211_143156.jpg
20211211_125216.jpg

20211211_114804.jpg

The Bowl
IMG_4341.jpg

The Crew
20211211_114604.jpg

Strugglebus

It was great meeting everyone this morning. Can’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning. This trail is going to be awesome! I was blown away by what has been created so far and what’s to come.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was great meeting everyone this morning. Can’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning. This trail is going to be awesome! I was blown away by what has been created so far and what’s to come.
Thanks a lot for your help today Chris, you did some nice finish grading. I'm really excited as to the potential this area has to provide updated trails to accommodate today's riding style.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today was great. I had no idea of the sneaky elevation out at this park...tons of potential and glad to be part of it. Hoping to ride it a bit over holiday break to burn some if it in, but first I need some Advil for my shoulder lol...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today was great. I had no idea of the sneaky elevation out at this park...tons of potential and glad to be part of it. Hoping to ride it a bit over holiday break to burn some if it in, but first I need some Advil for my shoulder lol...
Thanks for coming out today Brian. Get your brother out here over the holidays.

don

Fresh stitches in and still working a TM with not easy digging! Hard core trooper today Rottin!

150' of bench cut and a few dips isn't bad at all for cutting thru thick duff and a rocky main layer. Really strong work by all!

If anyone is in the area - please put some tires on this trail - it will only help make it better. There is a bunch of potential at this place!

Top Bottom