Wawayanda State Park Conditions

bgentry91

Is everything pretty dry/rideable now? I imagine some wet spots but before I drive out there from NYC would love to get a better sense! Thanks!

bgentry91

Just rode the south side this morning. Everything is great shape imo.
Yeah - seemed like it would be fine so made the trip yesterday. Was in pretty good shape, some puddles where you'd expect, but easy to hike around. Lots of people out, seems like everyone took advantage!

Kaleidopete

Riding Doublepond Tr. the boardwalk is pretty flooded

Dsc06374.jpg
Dsc06375.jpg

Kaleidopete

Ha Ha, what a bullshit day. I get to the park at my usual time, early. 5:30 AM.
The gates are closed with lock & chain. The park worker on duty says "come back at 11".
I say OK, thanks, and drive off. The sign says Park filled to capacity. yeah, right! 5:30 AM.
Even the back gate isn't letting the hikers and dog walkers in, they're being turned away.
As I went by at 8AM the sign was still up with an officer as backup with the park worker.
I feel sorry for the fishermen that come early with their boats in tow.
I can always go ride somewhere else.
Dsc06479.jpg

mtbiker87

The gates are closed with lock & chain. The park worker on duty says "come back at 11".
I say OK, thanks, and drive off. The sign says Park filled to capacity. yeah, right! 5:30 AM.
Even the back gate isn't letting the hikers and dog walkers in, they're being turned away.
As I went by at 8AM the sign was still up with an officer as backup with the park worker.
View attachment 160642
That's flipping weird ! Wonder what they're up to ?

View attachment 160642
Full on a TUESDAY .... lol - no

Kaleidopete

there's no doubt about that, but still, this is damn peculiar. first time i've ever heard of it happening on a non-holiday or weekend actually
Yeah, the park is a surprise lots of times, sometimes the gates are closed and locked, sometimes wide open, sometimes the gate is half closed, this is the usual thing and all the locals know to just drive around the half open gate and it's fine. Hunter and fishermen come in extra early. Sometimes the bathrooms are locked, sometimes they're open. I guess it depends who's working and what they were taught when hired. The signage outside the park says open 8AM to 8PM, the Facebook page says 8AM to 4PM. Ha ha, 4PM in the summer is ridiculous, it's light until almost 9PM. On weekends the back gate in Highland Lakes stays locked until 10AM. With an employee standing there telling people if the want to get in early drive the 10 miles around to the front gate which is open at 7 or 8 AM depending who's working. Why not let the back gate employee let people in and charge the same price as the front gate. They have a money collecting booth at the back gate and it's air conditioned, but no, they'll pay someone to direct people around to the other gate. duh...

mtn

Yeah, the park is a surprise lots of times, sometimes the gates are closed and locked, sometimes wide open, sometimes the gate is half closed, this is the usual thing and all the locals know to just drive around the half open gate and it's fine. Hunter and fishermen come in extra early. Sometimes the bathrooms are locked, sometimes they're open. I guess it depends who's working and what they were taught when hired. The signage outside the park says open 8AM to 8PM, the Facebook page says 8AM to 4PM. Ha ha, 4PM in the summer is ridiculous, it's light until almost 9PM. On weekends the back gate in Highland Lakes stays locked until 10AM. With an employee standing there telling people if the want to get in early drive the 10 miles around to the front gate which is open at 7 or 8 AM depending who's working. Why not let the back gate employee let people in and charge the same price as the front gate. They have a money collecting booth at the back gate and it's air conditioned, but no, they'll pay someone to direct people around to the other gate. duh...
Facebook page lists the office hours.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions