Wawayanda Events

Kaleidopete

Nice to see @Kaleidopete, @Stef, and a couple others, as it almost felt normal!!!

And a shout out to @Mahnken, who rocked an OOS jersey and took on the olympic course!

1500M swim (it might have been farther!)
18+ miles on the bike
and a 10k run around the lake.
pretty decent 5+ hour effort! well done.

I didn't take any pics.
Great to see you & Steph too, glad you got to ride Pumphouse, I couldn't do that ride, it would kill me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahnken

Nice to see @Kaleidopete, @Stef, and a couple others, as it almost felt normal!!!

And a shout out to @Mahnken, who rocked an OOS jersey and took on the olympic course!

1500M swim (it might have been farther!)
18+ miles on the bike
and a 10k run around the lake.
pretty decent 5+ hour effort! well done.

I didn't take any pics.
I know I am way out of shape compared to last year when I was originally supposed to race this (+20 pounds and hardly a lick of exercise this year), but damn did this course prove it to me. Amazing that a few finished the entire thing in 3 hours.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I know I am way out of shape compared to last year when I was originally supposed to race this (+20 pounds and hardly a lick of exercise this year), but damn did this course prove it to me. Amazing that a few finished the entire thing in 3 hours.
They were DQ'd for cutting the bike course at the split. Unfortunate.

Kaleidopete

National Trails Day June 5
Help clean up the park
The picnickers are doing their part to make sure there is "stuff" to clean up.
Dsc06280.jpg

jimf

The picnickers are doing their part to make sure there is "stuff" to clean up.
View attachment 158892
I always wonder if it would make more sense to have garbage cans and go away from the carry in/out. No one seems to follow it at Waway at least. Place is a dump after every weekend starting with Memorial Day. Is the carry in/out mainly driven by cost or to keep trash panda's, bears and other pests away?

Kaleidopete

I always wonder if it would make more sense to have garbage cans and go away from the carry in/out. No one seems to follow it at Waway at least. Place is a dump after every weekend starting with Memorial Day. Is the carry in/out mainly driven by cost or to keep trash panda's, bears and other pests away?
They actually have a LARGE dumpster right in the beach parking lot for everyone to use.

trekfan

or, and here's a radical thought, actually have the rangers / park staff work for a change and enforce the laws and FINE these people...

chris12453

@trekfan oh they work. before they changed the hours back, they gave me a parking ticket for being in the park at 6:05 PM. I live 3 miles away. I called WM Police department and they confirmed it. Ridiculous.

Kaleidopete

Race day today 10/22/22
A 50 mile and a 25 mile foot race is going on now.
Dsc09214.jpg

1) I'm surprised there is no first aid squad/station
2) Great refreshments available at aid stations!
Dsc09215.jpg

I remember when bicycle races had these kind of refreshments!
3) well marked route. Pink flags, they don't look so good in the photo though, better in person.
Dsc09216.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions