Wawayanda Events

Kaleidopete

Friday night hikes at Wawayanda August 21st. Must pre register.
117879329_926019821223030_3786178133604433689_o.jpg

@MtnRider runs this -

He had the national championship for xterra planned this year.
Hopefully they give him another shot.

Thanks for the head's up.

I did the Kayak tour this morning. About two miles and an hour and a half.
There were twelve of us, nine females. The wind was rather strong, maybe eight mph.
I paddled as hard and as fast as I could for the first hour heading into the wind.
I could not catch the group, I had stopped to take one photo and fell behind and even
though they stopped a few times while I kept paddling, I didn't catch up until the long
break they took at the turn around point. We saw an eagle in a tree and then it took flight.
Later, same eagle made a swoop down and caught a fish. All in all a great day, now to see
if I'll be able to use my arms tomorrow!.
Cimg0073.jpg

Kayak group.JPG

We have exciting news- we will be having our first snowshoe clinic this Saturday the 19th. 1st session is 9am-12pm and our second session is 1pm-4pm. Spots are extremely limited so pre registration is required. Please message our facebook page or call our park office and leave a message for more info.
131916019_1021119221713089_8348328659434267577_o.jpg

This should pack down some trails for us bikers!

Hey @Kaleidopete, is pump house mostly double track?
I might ask you to ride that Saturday morning before the race to check that nobody messed with the markings.

Nice to see @Kaleidopete, @Stef, @DennisG, and a couple others, as it almost felt normal!!!

And a shout out to @Mahnken, who rocked an OOS jersey and took on the olympic course!

1500M swim (it might have been farther!)
18+ miles on the bike
and a 10k run around the lake.
pretty decent 5+ hour effort! well done.

I didn't take any pics.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions