Watopia Wednesday's

Ho hum.... another “fake ride”. ?
C075E3BD-B490-48C6-B9BC-734CD19CA584.png

....fake my A$$!

Call me old but I did not know it has evolved to this level of virtual reality
We are quickly approaching that Netflix Black Mirror ep, '15 million merits'
Dis nuts
1573698209545.png

same amount of mileage - it looks like they lower the power curve (or increase the speed for a given power?)
We like 'time in saddle' better than mileage anyway!

no change in power (perceived effort) during slingshot. It’s not a race it’s a workout so effort over duration is the only meaningful metric.

I showed this to the Mrs and she was like I would do that. So what’s the most cost effective way to gear up? Anyone have extra Ant+ gear to sell? I only have a budget magnetic trainer.

I showed this to the Mrs and she was like I would do that. So what’s the most cost effective way to gear up? Anyone have extra Ant+ gear to sell? I only have a budget magnetic trainer.
I just have a mag trainer, speed sensor, and heart rate monitor and it works fine for me. I don't think you even need the heart rate monitor.

watt's up with the ant+ dongle and extension? Is that necessary?
That's if your sensor are only ANT+ (ie Garmin HR strap) and your phone/tablet does not support ANT+ (Which apple does not). This dongle let's your apple product communicate with the ANT sensors.

Also if your sensors are Bluetooth, you're good and shouldn't need the dongle.

Okay. So if I buy what Pat linked (CooSpo) then I should be good and just download the app. I'll probably run it from MacBook pro.
Sorry i'm really behind and igorant on smart riding gear. Never even owned a garmin.

UPDATE: Ordered CooSpo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom