Watchung Reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken, and others who read public forums who may not be so sure: those posts were written using the "Sarcasm" font; perhaps thru the miracle of interwebs the font metadata were stripped off.

"We" would never violate Rule #1 in actuality, only sarcastically.

Yesterday I did my "Back to the Future Ride" 1st time back to WR since the '90s. Some of the trail are just washed away. Ton of expose roots and rocks and the old rideable ditches are now vertical ravines .

Yesterday I did my "Back to the Future Ride" 1st time back to WR since the '90s. Some of the trail are just washed away. Ton of expose roots and rocks and the old rideable ditches are now vertical ravines .

yeah there's a lot of work to be done. there are some parts of the the pink/purple blaze where the walls of the ravines (which are the trail) are going to collapse. been like this for a while. just keep it in mind and when everything gets organized share the knowledge when a plan gets put in place by officials.

yeah there's a lot of work to be done. there are some parts of the the pink/purple blaze where the walls of the ravines (which are the trail) are going to collapse. been like this for a while. just keep it in mind and when everything gets organized share the knowledge when a plan gets put in place by officials.

I think the poor conditions of the trails are do to bad trail design and maintenance. The worst trails run down the fail line of the hills and the water just flow down them.

it really starts with advocacy - and the backstory that lead to the ban - esp in WR.

I'm sure the new group will push education/etiquette in this multi use area.....this may be the better place to engage equestrians , than special events.

.....this may be the better place to engage equestrians , than special events.

The only place that is pristine is the trails over by the stables. They are groomed with white sand. I remember the horses make craters in the mud.

The trail network has gone to poop after the 2 storms late last year. Before that the park crew was in there weekly cleaning stuff up and the trails were awesome. At the moment we just do rogue TM in there to fix the bad stuff or things that block the trail. Would be dope as F for this to go legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom