Volunteers Needed: Tourne Adopt-A-Trail Program

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Did a recon of yellow last week. Looked good, no issues. Excited to see those pink flags in the woods!!!!!!
Also, located an old trail west from yellow down to purple. It is not on official map but is on Strava. Looks like mostly unused but did see some signs of activity. Recommend closing it.

is it a segment or heatmap? or did you contact @kerribeth directly with the info?

Fat Trout

Hi @extremedave - Amy said that she thinks the fix is bigger than what we suggested. She wants to assess it and will get back to us. At least it's back on her radar.
Amy is right and while the wood bridge may have become the dam by sinking over time or the wet area may be a bit of a natural vernal pool preferred to be kept. Raising the bridge and extending the edges with rock lead might be preferred. Full rock might be preferred by the park keeping its dam effect (and no wood or PT wood) if drainage slope is nil or minimal in the first place, but rock is lot of work and a bunch would be needed. Very cool that Amy is considering it regardless. I haven't ridden the Tourne in a while but encouraged to see the thought considered recently. Much of Northern NJ has good trails in spite of NJ ironically.

Mtbdog

Signs of the times.😡
20210518_123857.jpg

20210518_123904_Burst01.jpg

kerribeth

Hey everyone,
Amy is going to be out of commission for a few weeks, but is trying to get the Adopt-A-Trail info out to us this week.

Also, she walked Purple to assess the bridge and drainage problems and feels that the best solution is to reroute it altogether. She feels like anything else would just be a temporary fix and would become a problem again. She plans to walk and flag a rereoute that she has in mind. More to come on that....

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey everyone,
Amy is going to be out of commission for a few weeks, but is trying to get the Adopt-A-Trail info out to us this week.

Also, she walked Purple to assess the bridge and drainage problems and feels that the best solution is to reroute it altogether. She feels like anything else would just be a temporary fix and would become a problem again. She plans to walk and flag a rereoute that she has in mind. More to come on that....
Cool. I know which way I’m thinking. Sounds fun. Moar drops!
Oh wait...

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Should we keep reports in this thread, with the appropriate people subscribed?
or start another one?
I thought things like this should be reported in trail forks so the park commission can take care of it

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions