vintage bike gathering at allaire

From my house it's 75 miles to High Point and 155 Miles to the Cape May Lighthouse. I live in North Central Jersey. The entire state tip to tip is 195 Miles Long.

From my house it's 75 miles to High Point and 155 Miles to the Cape May Lighthouse. I live in North Central Jersey. The entire state tip to tip is 195 Miles Long.
How is Central Jersey split? Is it North/South Central Jersey or North/Central/South Central Jersey? And if the latter is true, where is Central Central Jersey?

Should I use the K2 4000 or move the components over to the Proflex 857 for the Vintage ride?

So many questions!

How is Central Jersey split? Is it North/South Central Jersey or North/Central/South Central Jersey? And if the latter is true, where is Central Central Jersey?

Should I use the K2 4000 or move the components over to the Proflex 857 for the Vintage ride?

So many questions!

Princeton is Central Central Jersey, because we all know the center of the everything revolves around those people. Trenton is South Central Jersey despite being in SouthWestern Central Jersey.

I doubt you'll be able to figure out which spindle length to use on either of those bikes within the year.

Oldest I can go is a 2010 Marin, but I can throw some worn rotors on to commiserate with those rim brakes 😁
monty pass.gif

I doubt you'll be able to figure out which spindle length to use on either of those bikes within the year.

Nothing to figure out, 73mm BB, square tapered spindle. Same size on both frames. Also, the spindle joke kind of ran out of steam, you really need to find something else, it's been almost 3 years now...it's not like I restrain myself from providing inspiration for sarcasm anyway!
Thinking about converting to those sweet, date accurate Magura rim brakes I have somewhere in the dungeon, unfortunately that would require a set of shifters as the one I have on the bike right now are brake levers integrated, 8 Speed XT.

720.JPG

Nothing to figure out, 73mm BB, square tapered spindle. Same size on both frames. Also, the spindle joke kind of ran out of steam, you really need to find something else, it's been almost 3 years now...it's not like I restrain myself from providing inspiration for sarcasm anyway!
Thinking about converting to those sweet, date accurate Magura rim brakes I have somewhere in the dungeon, unfortunately that would require a set of shifters as the one I have on the bike right now are brake levers integrated, 8 Speed XT.

View attachment 196099

So, what spindle is on that bike?

becoming a tougher, I might have to steal the bars off my daughters bikes, but those may be over 650.
What about these:
- Front derailleur?
- over 9 speeds?
- 25.4 stems only and longer than 100mm
- assume no droppers allowed
- can tires be foldable?
- tubeless setups?
- how many pawls are allowed
sure I'm missing something, but just don't want to get shut out when I get to the event
No headtubes slacker than 70 degrees.
In for OTB vids.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions