Very Nearly Dead

Assume all drivers are idiots. Most of the time it proves true. You've gotta watch your a$$ at all times. Glad you are safe as it could have been MUCH worse.

I think survival instinct takes over when "exciting" conditions present themselves. You're able to do more than you ever could under normal circumstances. Glad you're fine.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder...from what I'm told and from what I'm experiencing, healing takes a looooong time. I'm having mine MRI'ed on Tuesday, a little over 3 months and 30 days of therapy later.

Be well and see you in the woods soon...the roads too, perhaps, if you're ever up New Paltz way...

Thanks, cjbiiv.
And may I be the first to officially welcome you to mtbnj.com:D

It's good to see your name here. I'm smiling and remembering a couple really wicked crashes I had on some of those rides with you.:rolleyes::rofl:

Is your shoulder out from a crash too?
How about we schedule a nice slow therapy ride at LM soon, or hit the road together before my full schedule kicks in around here...

holy crap ! thank god ur'e alright Sandie

I'm happy Sandie is alive and well.. Her guts on that bike is a testment mtbers rule under extreme pressure ..

My short story in a nut shell,
Well see it was June early evening heading out for nite mtb ride to meet up with friends awesome cant wait till Wednesdays... so I headed out on the roads "alone" Ya why I was a high school student with no car but an DL "go figure".. Im made aproch on Cory Rd yes the road was packed of cars it was 5:15pm "hell ya- hate that time" .. I was very careful to put space between me & the driver.. heading down hill hugging the curb almost under the train brigde I had only few more mins on that road. It was in that time he passed me but a near miss "lazy driver" splits seconds the Road got narrow which he'll almost made a complete stop forcing me towards the middle of road and If it wasnt for my somewhat handling skills, I'm maded last ditch effort to slide sideways which ended bad with deep cuts on my sides of both arms and one leg.. Now its gets even better the dope who almost killed me with hes rear bumper didnt even say sorry.. He had a total veiw of the accident with driving a convertible . Not just the driver others were just passing by see my deep bleeding cuts not care to help out but Only one alone women a Airforce person from Arizon state .. who stopped asked if I need ride home.. I told her I think I'll make it its an 3 mile walk back home.. "I told her thank you so much for youre kindness miss" I'll never forget that Oh yea now I head in a tottally different direction towards Lewis morris

It took me 4 weeks to heal that sux

Last edited:
Watch out for the flashy gold digging cougars driving BMWs. They are a real hazard to the road. I had a very very very very close encounter yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom