Vamos pa' México hermano

Pampa

Ok so now that this is over and you have 2 weeks leftover...

1. Are you going to KT with us? Very likely. Need to look at work and speak with my wife tomorrow but likely going early in the week for a couple of days with my wife and kids, camping.
2. Did you actually go to work today?
No, didn't even let them know I'm here, although they'd know by now b/c of Track leaders.

Pampa

Already has time off from work scheduled and lower elevation of VT sounds like a win/win!

I actually can wait to ride my bike. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be here in time to take it to VT so I will have to take my fatbike instead.

Pampa

Great job Segundo!! To go from zero bikepacking to the biggest bikepacking race on the planet is no easy task. Hopefully this setback is motivation to come back better prepared.

Thank you @jimvreeland ! Absolutely. First, I really like this kind of racing, and second, I learn quite a bit and I think I can do much better with better preparation. Most likely will look to do a couple of (much) shorter races before attempting this again (3-7 days). Thank you for all your help leading to the race, and to you to too @Mumonkan !

Pampa

Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure with us! You should be proud to have pushed so hard and also for ending on your own terms.

Would you do it again?

Mmmm. I'd like but probably not next year. Something that's not a concern anymore for me in thinking about doing this race again, is the age. I saw a lot of 60+ in good shape, well prepared and doing really well.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today I didn't go to work, and actually slept in until 9 AM. My plan was to pick up my family in the evening in Newark but a min morning call from my wife changed that. She's stuck in Mexico with the kids b/c she forgot the green card of my oldest one! After looking at options the fastest and cheapest is for me to flight tomorrow in the first flight out of Newark, pick them up in Cancun and come back the same day (2 hrs after I land).

Welcome back to chaos, that didn't take long:)

Pampa

image.jpeg

Today I got reunited with my partner in crime. She was badly packed and it was a bit like receiving your girlfriend dismembered in a box :confused:

Going to give it some love now and put it back in working condition.

Pampa

So, the TD 2017 chatter has started and it's exactly the kick I needed to get back on the bike. I have a been bit overwhelmed by work, moving, injuries - life in general, and in a weird way (this would be one more thing to do) this helps me with organization and focus for everything.

That's it for now. As last year, making it public makes it official for me and at home :)

JoeLee

Oh this is a good time to remind everyone that Segundo's video project is almost next on my list!
Yea, we've been waiting ... *tapsfoot*

Also - a 2017 Edition? Awesome - your writeups easily were a fave of the year.

Top Bottom