Tymor Wrap-Up Thread

Beginner pictures are up sport and expert are processing they will be up tonight for the late night crowd sorry for the wait
www.fullframepro.com

you got some real good shots from the back section. i can see my buddy dana walking her broken loaner bike in the back round , i'll be getting some later in the week. for the downloads what ones will work best for sites like myspace and facebook?

Thanks Jamie for clarification.

No problem. My sole goal this season is to get two top 5's so I can get into Cat 1. Unfortunately, the fast guys in 35-39 are making that hard for me. Crazy that the top 4 guys in 35-39 Cat 2 were all faster than the 30-34 Cat 2 winner... if only I could race down in 30-34, I'd have had a 5th place! ;)

Well look at that. Ok, I've reached the Mendoza Line. So I guess that means I already hit 1 of my 2009 goals? Though it does say you need to send a resmue which means they could deny you. Im'a try to get a few more pairs of socks before I go for the Jim Vreeland Training Club class.

Hey guys - that was my second race after Waway and great fun again. Managed to avoid crashing on those roots which was a good result in itself! Couple of guys took good spills in front of me in that first singletrack section. Now I just need to get the fitness up to match the bike skills.

Had a good(?) time chasing a couple of guys in Cat3 30-39 - which from reading this may be mr.chainsaw (riding singlespeed?) and ptb66? Managed to scrape past mr.chainsaw to get between them just before the end and hold on - I did manage to ride that section but only just! Thanks for playing fair - karma. I've made my first goals of not being last and finishing the races. Next goal is a podium. Looking forward to battling it out again at the next round. Hopefully with less mud!

Re passing etc - I got into the singletrack first at the start and we soon caught one of the slower guys from the group ahead. I wasn't about to do some crazy pass as it was tight enough and he was fast enough that a pass would have been tough, so I pretty much sat on his wheel. It was so slick that going a lot faster would have been hard anyway. I knew there was a train behind me building and I'm pretty sure I got my rear tire buzzed a couple of times but no-one tried to pass or shout out to pass - I certainly didn't try to block anyone intentionally - for the guys behind, if I did anything stupid - tell me so I don't do it again!!! I know someone further back yelled "pass him" nearer the end of the singletrack when we were able to get by the guy in front but that was all I heard, apart from someone riding behind me. Ah the joys of tight singletrack and slick roots....

Cheers
Ross (NYCMTB)

PS - Scottish not Irish - close though... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys - that was my second race after Waway and great fun again. Managed to avoid crashing on those roots which was a good result in itself! Couple of guys took good spills in front of me in that first singletrack section. Now I just need to get the fitness up to match the bike skills.

Had a good(?) time chasing a couple of guys in Cat3 30-39 - which from reading this may be mr.chainsaw (riding singlespeed?) and ptb66? Managed to scrape past one to get between then just before the end and hold on - just. I've made my first goals of not being last and finishing the races. Next goal is a podium. Looking forward to battling it out again at the next round. Hopefully with less mud!

Cheers
Ross (NYCMTB)
you were in 30-39 right?... you were always there whenever i looked back.

Kush has accomplished what we talk about every race - just take pictures.

Thanks!

you got some real good shots from the back section. i can see my buddy dana walking her broken loaner bike in the back round , i'll be getting some later in the week. for the downloads what ones will work best for sites like myspace and facebook?

Medium download would be best, you can always go less quality and save money by going for small if you would prefer

Back
Top Bottom