Trail Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been to Deer Park? To much snow still?? To much mud?? I need to ride on dirt!!!:cry:

I live 5 min from Deer Park and was up there earlier in the week; still a lot of snow and where there wasn't snow....MUD!! :cry:

Haven't been there since Monday, but I'm guessing it's still rather muddy. I won't be able to swing by in daylight until Sat morning. I can update again.

Anyone been to Deer Park or Jungle? To much snow still?? To much mud?? I need to ride on dirt!!!:cry:

Jungle Habitat: Snow, snow, and more snow. After this weekend rain, mud, mud, and more mud!

Wawayanda: even more snow, and depends upon how much rain this weekend, might still be snow left, but definitely there will be mud and possibly still some snow left over!

Top of Skyline drive: might be good next weekend, after the rain, this place dries pretty quick, since it is mostly rock and it drains fast.

Hartshorne Huber was good. Always a couple days behind Allaire in drying out. Many trees down. Spent some time clearing what I could. Got 2 hrs in before the deluge.

Rode my locals today for a bit to do a sweep of the area and see if any tools were needed for clearing. Looks fantastic so far, except there are parts that are seriously under 2ft of water. Tried to drain some areas, cleared some fallen crap. There are very large sections of 100% rock so I got some riding in.

Rode CUshetunk into Round Valley on Tuesday and early this morning pre rain. At this time the trails were good. I only got a short 1.5 in today as I crashed and destroyed by Boa laces but the trail was solid. Once you cross into RV, there is snow, but this rain should take care of anything left up there. Should be good next weekend of the weather holds off. Guess I will need to kayak this weekend :D

Looking at weather radar... the rain (Friday) is moving straight up the Jersey coast in a due north direction, completely missing eastern points like mid-Long Island. It might the right weekend to travel to any area you've wanted to ride on Long Island. I'm thinking about...

Is anyone from LI??? Feedback??

Soundz rides out there sometimes. I've only ridden the area around Bethpage. I didn't think much of the area at all; but Soundz says there is some good stuff out there.

Cathedral Pines

Looking at weather radar... the rain (Friday) is moving straight up the Jersey coast in a due north direction, completely missing eastern points like mid-Long Island. It might the right weekend to travel to any area you've wanted to ride on Long Island. I'm thinking about...

As Al said, Sounds mentioned Cathedral Pines in L. I. . Check page 27 in this thread for more info.It may be worth the ride if (big if) they don't get any of this rain.

I think the best trails out there are East Setauket and Glacier Ridge. You won't find a single rock out there though. But miles of smooth single track. Not much extended climbing either, some shorter power climbing. Check www.climbonline.org for directions. Most of the trails are really well marked (not Bethpage).

I'm not sure where you saw the rain is missing Long Island though .. Looks pretty saturated over the weekend:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/USNY0175

Last edited:
ollie1-300x220.jpg

Feedback??[/B]

i dont think the heavy stuff will come down for quite some time.
http://www.weather.com/weather/toda...n, NY, United States&from=searchbox_typeahead
if you go dont forget you'll need a long island bike license. you get caught over there without a license and you'll be in a whole heap o trouble.*see disclaimer*

*Disclaimer*
You do not need a bike license to bike in Long Island, this is a lie in the hopes of injecting some humor into a crappy cycling day/weekend. Please do not take it seriously and react to this post in a dumb-ass manor. If you do react to this post in a dumb-ass manor the original poster is in no way liable or responsible for your stupidity.
Pooriggy Management

*Disclaimer*
You do not need a bike license to bike in Long Island, this is a lie in the hopes of injecting some humor into a crappy cycling day/weekend. Please do not take it seriously and react to this post in a dumb-ass manor. If you do react to this post in a dumb-ass manor the original poster is in no way liable or responsible for your stupidity.
Pooriggy Management

if i react in a dumb-ass hotel, does the disclaimer still stand? what about a dumb-ass cabana?

drat! you found a loophole in my disclaimer. i knew this would happen, i should have talked to a lawyer.

Nah. You only need an English teacher for the spelling of "manner.";)

By the way, you now owe me $32,000 in legal fees.

i dont think the heavy stuff will come down for quite some time.
http://www.weather.com/weather/toda...n, NY, United States&from=searchbox_typeahead
if you go dont forget you'll need a long island bike license. you get caught over there without a license and you'll be in a whole heap o trouble.*see disclaimer*

*Disclaimer*
Pooriggy Management

This is actually somewhat true. You need a DEC permit to ride in DEC managed parks. I think they get you at parking. Check climbonline.org for more info. Glacier Ridge and East Seataucket are not DEC parks.

I met Mattyb at Newmans Lane this morning. There is new signage on the trees at the trail heads to stay off the trails. Gonna be messy for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom