Trail Maintenance, May 18th, 9am

Wobbegong

We will be having a trail maintenance session on this Sunday, May 18th at 9am. Meet at the Jersey Knights parking lot on Rt. 27. I know this is short notice, but we want to address some things that need attention from our last trail day and possibly some other areas. Hope to see you there.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
We will be having a trail maintenance session on this Sunday, May 18th at 9am. Meet at the Jersey Knights parking lot on Rt. 27. I know this is short notice, but we want to address some things that need attention from our last trail day and possibly some other areas. Hope to see you there.

Since we are working on the rte 27 side again it would be helpful for those of you out there between now and Sat to take note (pics would be super) of areas in need of help.

The last 2 sections we added last month need some touch up for sure. Some of the berms have been knocked down and we will fix them as well.

See you out there on Sunday AM.

J_

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lots of TM this Sunday, plus a race. Weather looking to not play nice with any of them at this early stage.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There is a tree half down at a 45 degree angle (towards the sky) across the trail right where the old house foundation is. Coming around the corner going out, I had to lock em up to avoid smacking it.

Wobbegong

There is a tree half down at a 45 degree angle (towards the sky) across the trail right where the old house foundation is. Coming around the corner going out, I had to lock em up to avoid smacking it.

No problem, we'll have C. Puncher climb it while the rest of us whack its base with picks and axes.:D:D:D

ellbiddy

I'll be there, but I'm on foot for a while awaiting fork replacements.

Edit: I take that back, all this hoopla about my car and my bike and I forgot I was going on vacation for 5 days in the caribbean...I'm losing my mind.

Last edited:

alex_k

suggestion

how about some drainage for a muddy spot before the concrete bridge?

Last edited:

Sircrashalot

Was surprised by that one yesterday too. Duckable, but the back pack hit it!

Sorry I wont be able ot make it this Sunday....

jdog

Shop Keep
how about some drainage for a muddy spot before the concrete bridge?

Check!

We moved an assload of wet mud/dirt today.

I just awoke from a nap. I couldn't remember what day it was or how I got here.

I was that tired.

jdog

Shop Keep

Check.

Done by the author himself. (stb22)!

alex_k

Check!

I was that tired.

Ha :D:D:D I was there with you - this is more than I wanted... have to be great after a couple of sunny days

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Check!

I was that tired.

assload is an understatement, j and the guys he was working with moved two f-ing assloads.

On the other side of teh bridge, we working on putting in some high spots, one was done by the time I left, should work out...

jimmysnukastyle

Trail Maintenance

I think today's additions and changes are going to work out real well - fun too.

Great seeing and working with you all again.

Dan

Wobbegong

Jdog and I would like to thank the following people for helping out today.

Alex Kochetov
Dan Higgins
Tony Passalacqua
Jeff Rempel
Chris "Sporty Spice" Flecknoe
Jason King
Joe
Patt
Tim Koch
Kevin McElwain

We put in 38 hours of very muddy work today. Walking those long pallets in was a chore. Combine that with lots of heavy mud shoveling made for a tough day.

Thanks again.
J.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Jdog and I would like to thank the following people for helping out today.

Alex Kochetov
Dan Higgins
Tony Passalacqua
Jeff Rempel
Chris "Sporty Spice" Flecknoe
Jason King
Joe
Patt
Tim Koch

We put in 36 hours of very muddy work today. Walking those long pallets in was a chore. Combine that with lots of heavy mud shoveling made for a tough day.

Thanks again.
J.

I didn't sign the sheet cause i got there late

Kevin McElwain 2 hours....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions