Tourne County Park Conditions

Robson

I went to Ringwood with Dave after our ride. We were following track made by quads and snowmobiles. It was a fun ride!
20180311_123608-EFFECTS.jpg
20180311_123616.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice work @extremedave @notcho @fidodie I didnt make it over until around 1:30, but by then there was a nice path to follow all around the park. Albeit it was kinda soft. This morning it will be excellent.

Someone drove a quad thru J woods and while they absolutely obliterated the trail (giant boulders ripped out of the ground, etc) they did make a path to ride.
20180311_121347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been? How much snow is there still? Trying to figure out a place for NICA on Saturday morning.

xc62701

My buddy Greg was there Tuesday and said it's in great conditions for fatties. There's a nicely packed tread. It may even be xc bikeable by now. I did ride through the park on my cx bike yesterday and the gates were closed so it was officially closed Wednesday. Not sure why that was.

FitmanNJ

My buddy Greg was there Tuesday and said it's in great conditions for fatties. There's a nicely packed tread. It may even be xc bikeable by now. I did ride through the park on my cx bike yesterday and the gates were closed so it was officially closed Wednesday. Not sure why that was.

I rode there yesterday on my fatbike and I'd agree with this assessment. The only area that didn't have a pretty packed (albeit narrow) pathway was the switchback section of the trail. There are still some major treesfalls on the White(?) Trail that bisects the park (an abandoned rail bed?).

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
get out early before it turns to mush.....and....with the trails being so narrow.....it is going to take extra care and patience when passing other trail users.

notcho

Not required, but less chance of a snow nap with bigger tires :p

Happy to report no snow naps today (or any that were caught on camera). Basically same report as yesterday but denville side had more dirt today which means the sun and warmth will turn the lower sections to a muddy mess this afternoon.

Mtbdog

Any update on trail conditions after the last storm? Thanks. Any possibility of a Sunday ride?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any update on trail conditions after the last storm? Thanks. Any possibility of a Sunday ride?

It was great last weekend and I've heard it's great again now. It only takes a day or two for the hikers to pack it down.

all i've heard is that there are a bunch of trees down on White.

White from pink to the ball field side is clear, from pink toward the lake has many trees down. At least they were down as of last weekend.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions