Tour De France 2013

And Sagan rocks....gotta love the wheelie as he was finally caught (from the break!) For a cocky showoff, I find it really easy to root for him.

Aboso-fucking-lutely.... There's just no way Froome is clean. I'd love to see his power numbers from yesterday. He must have average 450 watts up that entire climb.

After averaging 30mph for 3 hours leading up to the climb. Insane.

I'm not gonna get into whether or not he's clean, but Froome's cadence was mind-blowing. His high-end aerobic capacity has to be insane to support that kind of peddling on a grade that steep.

But he sure is awful-looking on the bike.

I'm not gonna get into whether or not he's clean, but Froome's cadence was mind-blowing. His high-end aerobic capacity has to be insane to support that kind of peddling on a grade that steep.

But he sure is awful-looking on the bike.

I thought he looks rather dashing.

Clean or not, the man has some serious talent.

That cadence was just ridiculous. Period. Nothing like the attacks of the old dopers - they would stand up and just dig. I kept replaying it; I was counting over 120 rpm. He is totally in the pain cave too - which I love. It's not like he just took off expressionless - his face was twisting, he was dripping with sweat, totally inside out. I think his numbers are super human though.

Froomes FTP has been estimated a couple times this year to be 440-450 or 6.5w/kg. That's with his weight at 68kg which looking at him and then at myself, at 70-71kg, I find impossible to believe. I think he's more like 66-67kg. That would put him at 6.7-8 w/kg and back in impossible territory.

it is suspect because he is 4:14 ahead of 2nd place, and that is barely the 4th largest gap between any other ranking until 22nd and 23rd place(4min 55sec), then 101st and 102nd(4 min 16sec), and 113th and 114th(5 min). everyone else is within seconds.

like Arnold S says, PEDs can only make a person who can already lift 1,000lbs lift 1,050. But in this race a 5% advantage is huge. Being on the Wiggins team last year helps his credibility though, unbelievable how good he and Quintana are.

Today's TT has hills.
It's interesting to see what the guys are doing.
Some are riding regular road bikes with clip on bars.
Others are riding regular road bikes, and doing bike swaps to an aero bike for the downhills.

Is there something wrong with Cadel Evans right now? He finished the stage today in 167th place, more than 8 minutes behind Froome. He's usually a good TT guy -- did he have a flat? Is he injured?

Damn! Froome takes back over 30s in last 12 km. Contador is looking for a nice steak from Spain right now.

great finish though. how to get a burst of energy like that at the end of everything they did is amazing.

so froome lost some time?

Back
Top Bottom