Top of Skyline Shuttle / Sunday, October 18th 2020

Thanks, I'll give it a swirl next time I have a chance. I'm assuming you will be riding it from Skylands down to the Gardens, if it is the one I think it would be very steep taking off from the fire road. And it is still marked for hikers only...
it has a great lookout. i have not been on that trail since skylands opened. how long ago was that trail built? that used to be a new trail. meaning skylands.

it has a great lookout. i have not been on that trail since skylands opened. how long ago was that trail built? that used to be a new trail. meaning skylands.

Have you ever ridden Blueberry when coming down on white at Weyble pond? I don't think is anything special but for some reason I always enjoy it, old dilapidated fire road with deep trenches where you can pick up some speed. It puts you back on Millie White Rd near where Race Trail takes off.

Have you ever ridden Blueberry when coming down on white at Weyble pond? I don't think is anything special but for some reason I always enjoy it, old dilapidated fire road with deep trenches where you can pick up some speed. It puts you back on Millie White Rd near where Race Trail takes off.
I was there Sunday. I love that trail, not in love with the gravel hill back to the race trail.
That's a great bomber double track. my buddy got a flat on Sunday.

Thanks, I'll give it a swirl next time I have a chance. I'm assuming you will be riding it from Skylands down to the Gardens, if it is the one I think it would be very steep taking off from the fire road. And it is still marked for hikers only...
I never ride it because it has the hike only sign. We did hike it about a month or two ago. It needed cleaning up at the time with a couple of trees down but it is definitely raw.

My back is doing better. Been stretching and rehabbing all week. I should be good for next weekend.

The list is growing. We’re at 10 riders so far. I can shuttle four people. Who else can shuttle?

My back is doing better. Been stretching and rehabbing all week. I should be good for next weekend.

The list is growing. We’re at 10 riders so far. I can shuttle four people. Who else can shuttle?
I can shuttle 3 plus me and bikes

Here’s the VIP list...
The rest of yoooz haven’t confirmed.

Not sure who plans to hang afterwards but this year it’s Bring Your Own Snacks. I’m bringing some choice beers for anyone who’s interest. I also ask that everyone wear a mask when shuttling back up to TOS.

Last edited:
Weather is looking good for Sunday. I hiked up yesterday and stashed extra water and gatorade in a strategic location. (Bonus beer for whoever can guess where - https://www.strava.com/activities/4195470118). I also fixed a sketchy roller that's now somewhat safer ;). There's more leaf cover than I expected. Should be interesting trying to find and stay on trail. I'm looking forward to riding with y'all.

Weather is looking good for Sunday. I hiked up yesterday and stashed extra water and gatorade in a strategic location. (Bonus beer for whoever can guess where - https://www.strava.com/activities/4195470118). I also fixed a sketchy roller that's now somewhat safer ;). There's more leaf cover than I expected. Should be interesting trying to find and stay on trail. I'm looking forward to riding with y'all.
Uh-ho, where was that roller?

Back
Top Bottom