Tires

Cha1985

I need a good tire that I wont RIP the tred off of, Ive got a pair of kenda nevagal tires and I destroyed the back tire in less then 5 months... Today i noticed that i ripped the tred off in a few spots.... any ideas i dont care about how much it is i just need good tires...

I need a good tire that I wont RIP the tred off of, Ive got a pair of kenda nevagal tires and I destroyed the back tire in less then 5 months... Today i noticed that i ripped the tred off in a few spots.... any ideas i dont care about how much it is i just need good tires...

The Nevegals are one of my toughest tires as far as I know. Even running tubes I never flat where other tires get punctured by thorns all the time. Been running mine for a few months and still lots of tread left. Can you post a pic of your worn out tire?

On a different note, I think most here will agree that Nevegals wear extremely fast. It may just be time for new tires.

the thing is there is still at least half the tred left, Im just ripping up and tearing off the knobs, I need something that will with stand my pedal masher self. lol Ill be at allaire tomorrow evening around 5:00 if anyone wants ride post it up... Ill bring the tire with me

If I understand this right(and I may not) the Nevegals are made up of a pretty soft compound, which could be why they wear so fast and could be part of the reason why your knobs are flying off. Maybe try something with a little harder compound.

5 months is pretty good for most tires. Where do you ride? If Allaire is your primary the word "overkill" comes to mind. The Saguros last quite a long time.

I switched over to Continentals a couple years back (from Hutchinson and Maxxis) and haven't looked back. I am running the Mountain King's, as my bike doubles XC and DH, but there are a lot of tires catered to specific types of riding.

Sometimes it's just a bad batch of tires, though. My buddy had a set of Maxxis Mobsters that were awful, with the knobs shredding off the tire every DH run. Could be a fluke if others report no issues with the Nevegals, but no harm in looking around at other options too.

5 months for nevegals is long enough, I wore mine out in like 2 months. It took me 6 months to wear out my Saguros.

rocks will rip off knobs or dry rot, total tool if you think that you can produce enough torque to just rip knobs off, if you are using wd-40 to lube your chain you can be causing your tires to dry rot early, thats about it

I've had my nevegals for nearly a year and they were still strong and plenty plenty tread and my usual spot with them is very rocky to say the least. You got a dud.

That's the thing. I'm running the stick-e. And I'm riding about an hr or more 4-6 times a week. Yeah maybe I need to get a new set of tires.

I've had my nevegals for nearly a year and they were still strong and plenty plenty tread and my usual spot with them is very rocky to say the least. You got a dud.
I am still riding one of my stock nevegals a year+ and easily 1200+ miles (and that includes 100+ road miles). when I got the bike I was told about their soft compound and how they''ll wear fast. they didnt for me. I found the nevegals to be a GREAT tire. great traction and wear. a bit heavy tho. just put the Saguro on the front (they failed as a rear tire for me...poor traction).

When I ran the stick-e tires on my fs I had side knobs ripping off too. I use the dtc now and don't recall side knobs coming off those ones before I wore them out. I did rip a sidewall on a dtc last year but the tread was pretty worn at that point anyway.

no shocker cannondale

:argue:So I took my 14 year old son to Allaire on Sunday. His first time their.
He borrowed a hand me down bike, and quess what! :confused:
The poor child had to ride with out shocks and the hardest as* seat in the known world! Anyway, this particular Cannondale is beautiful by site and was purchased like 10 or more years ago for 1,000 buckers! Crazy!:D
So my thought is this: I heard you can put shocks on a bike, but is it worth it? or should I just buy a new bike for him. This cannondale is strong, but has the gear shifters where you have to mocve your hand up andthen down to change it (not sure what that is called):hmmm:
Excuse me, I love to ride, but my passion is art history, Im an artist/ ask me anything I can probably answer..but as far as technical terms for bikes all I know is simple maintence and riding for fitness here there and everywhere. If I were a zillionaire I would buy the bestest bike eva...just because I could.

Sometimes it's just a bad batch of tires, though. My buddy had a set of Maxxis Mobsters that were awful, with the knobs shredding off the tire every DH run. Could be a fluke if others report no issues with the Nevegals, but no harm in looking around at other options too.

I can relay to this...bought set of Rampage 29 (month a go) and one of them came punctured (small pinhole) and yesterday Lewis Morris claimed the same tire with nice cut right on tread...after patching I found another puncture right on rim edge...time to replace it as it's not suitable for tubeless setup anymore.

Just put on a set of Geax Saguros on the "bike that will never sell"... These match up great with my full suspension... The rolling ability is the obvious difference coming off of winter tyres but the benefits of running them are in the thick sidewalls... Great summer tyre I plan on using next year as well

Last edited:
I had a set of Nevegals that came OE on my giant trance FS and they lasted 5 rides. Sidewall ripped at Allamuchy in the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom