Ticks

This year has been rough. I had one bit me on Sunday under my arm. Not attached or buried, still on the surface, just a little bit of blood.

I thought the rough winter would have put these guys in check.
Super cold winter and no snow is what helps keeps tick population down the snow acts as insulation for the little bastards

Super cold winter and no snow is what helps keeps tick population down the snow acts as insulation for the little bastards
That’s incorrect. As previously stated, ticks have a form of anti-freeze in their body that keeps them alive during winter cold.

So! Yesterday I’m running sound at the German Consulate in the city. The Minister of Defense is speaking on the stage. Very high security situation. Armed guards at the doors, and I’m glued to the console. Suddenly feel something crawling in my pants near my junk. Literally can’t do anything but try to squish it through my pants, which obviously looked pretty…”odd.” There was a fucking tick in my shorts that somehow traveled with me all the way to NYC. My employer thought it was freakin hilarious.

I always considered chiggers the larger nuisance down in my area. I've gotten bitten by a cluster of them before and holy hell does that itch forever. A month back i had some bloodwork done for something else and my doc included a Lymes blot to rule that out. Well he calls back and says you have 6 positive indicators so you're going to need 2 weeks of Doxy. Cheese and rice, did that wreak havoc on my gut. Oddly i never had any classic Lymes symptoms, at least not during the part of season when i would have likely gotten bitten. Sure i've picked off a tick or 3 over the summer but never more than a few hrs after a ride. I routinely soak my shoes in permethrin and Off my legs before a ride. Maybe it was even older than this past summer/fall?

So! Yesterday I’m running sound at the German Consulate in the city. The Minister of Defense is speaking on the stage. Very high security situation. Armed guards at the doors, and I’m glued to the console. Suddenly feel something crawling in my pants near my junk. Literally can’t do anything but try to squish it through my pants, which obviously looked pretty…”odd.” There was a fucking tick in my shorts that somehow traveled with me all the way to NYC. My employer thought it was freakin hilarious.
Hahaha I forgot about this. It’s a lot funnier now that the trauma has passed. Picture me in a room full of world leaders feeling something crawling near my junk…. Wild times, man…

Ticks suck.

They are career ending...

9E993DE0-71FC-4399-889A-57ADEC0BA217.jpeg

Found one on my neck last Monday. Heard there is a one day preventative antibiotic you can take early. Doctor said no and wait for bullseye.

Have a red bump still. I do get tested every year when I have my routine blood work.

So gross. I'm all for biodiversity but if these went extinct I wouldn't be sad

Heard there is a one day preventative antibiotic you can take early.
yes. I’ve heard they can give a 1 dose treatment of doxycycline if it’s right after the bite. Supposed to be 90% effective. But other drs don’t want to do it.

yes. I’ve heard they can give a 1 dose treatment of doxycycline if it’s right after the bite. Supposed to be 90% effective. But other drs don’t want to do it.

I've heard that if you are friends with a veterinarian, they might be able to give you a one dose treatment of doxy.

Back
Top Bottom