Thursday morning hill training (road)

I felt pretty good today too. More hills, more miles, good pace and my average heart rate was 10 bmp lower than last week?

Must have been having the ride of my life. :rofl:

Any Sonic Booms yet?

Or are you waiting till May to let loose?

Also which material will holdup better to the impending sonic instability? Carbon, Aluminum, or Steel?

Last edited:
I felt pretty good today too. More hills, more miles, good pace and my average heart rate was 10 bmp lower than last week? :rofl:
It's that top-secret Hartshorne/Huber interval work you've been doing on the weekends...:cool:

Wait until next week bitches!!

So next week I go to my new schedule at work, which gives me an extra hour in the a.m. to throw a few extra climbs in (being that everyone's legs feel fine;))...As I mentioned earlier, the ride will become progressively harder as the weeks go by, so jump in now while they're still somewhat friendly, eventually working into 1 hour of hill repeats on Warrenville Road:getsome:

-Jim.

So next week I go to my new schedule at work, which gives me an extra hour in the a.m. to throw a few extra climbs in (being that everyone's legs feel fine;))...As I mentioned earlier, the ride will become progressively harder as the weeks go by, so jump in now while they're still somewhat friendly, eventually working into 1 hour of hill repeats on Warrenville Road:getsome:

-Jim.
Man, I would be all over this if it was going down in the afternoon. Good stuff.

-Jim.

Just for those who dont know, trucks arent allowed on Warrenville road, and at the light at the bottom looking up is like looking at a brick wall.

Shhhhhhhhh.....

SSShhhhhhhhhh.... Don't let Chris know. I don't want him to come out - he'll make my nose bleed. :rofl:

4/3/08 ride...

Weather looks like it's gonna be AWESOME!! We can leave a little earlier, let's try to be on the road no later than 8:30am, so be around the crib about quarter after...I finally got my new wheels so it's gonna be ON:getsome:

-Jim.

More time + more hills = destruction!

I'll be there. Earlier means less traffic for me to get there. Woohoo!

I'm in phase 4 of the strength training so it's on! Since it is going to rain Friday "no holds barred", we should be riding back home in limp mode. :drooling:

I forgot to call..

but i cant make it tomorrow. I have to tell college students how the law enforcement profession is soooo wonderful.

Give em hell Sean!

Spring time!

It looks like it is going to be a glorious Thursday. Knicker time is here! Are we on for 8:15 again? Anything new to the loop to bring the pain? :getsome:

Are we on for 8:15 again? Anything new to the loop to bring the pain? :getsome:

Yes, 8:15...Hopefully I'll be on time;) And yes, there will be some new pain, we'll be doing the "3 levels of hell" ride with 2x10 threshold blocks...1 before Warrenville Rd...1 on the stretch to my house:D

It should be fun, there will be blood...

-Jim.

Next Thursday...

I'm thinking about doing the Round Valley loop next Thursday because my wife has off for spring break and I can get on the bike earlier. Any interest? We'd have to leave the shop by 8am just to make sure...It's a little over 60 miles...Otherwise we could do the "Uber Hill" loop or the Watchung reservation loop...

-Jim.

I don't think Fred has enough jersey pockets for all the food he needs for 60 miles. :rofl:

Even though I felt sick from this past ride I'm in for the Round Valley loop if I bring a map. That way you can leave me for dead if you have to get back to the shop in time.

Only a few more weeks of Thursday morning rides for me. If the new job is confirmed no more flex time. Gotta take advantage while I can. :(

Did you notice are pictures have the same railing the corner pose except your on the cyclocross and I'm on the DH bike. Kill it on any bike - RAD!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom