This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 5 and just a little congestion. Biggest problem for me was nasal congestion - I have trouble sleeping if I can't breathe thru my nose. Couple of days of little sleep. Anywho, cut it too close to safely take the train so we postponed to the next available private bedroom - July 3 - so another 5 days down here before heading north.

Re: Paxlovid - if you need it, take it but I would think it will reduce your post-infection immunity.
I was told everyone down there gets Ivermectin?

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone else get a skin rash with this? I've got little red dots popping up all over my torso - looks similar to fire ant bites but not itchy. At first I thought I had a co-infection with monkey pox - knew I should have avoided that rave last week!

Bikeworks

Anyone else get a skin rash with this? I've got little red dots popping up all over my torso - looks similar to fire ant bites but not itchy. At first I thought I had a co-infection with monkey pox - knew I should have avoided that rave last week!
Not at all uncommon, was more common with Alpha and Delta from what I saw.

mfennell

Well, I made it 2.5 years. Yay? Still symptomatic 7 days in. The worst couple days were about as bad a head cold as I've experienced but no shortness of breath or truly worrying things. Haven't been on a bicycle or motorcycle in a week and I'm getting a bit grumpy. Daughter is about same as me. Wife came down 5 days later. Go Team!

My company announced a "flexible work environment trial" for August. We had previously been "hybrid", which meant you were expected to go to the office 2-3 days/wk to boot up your laptop and join Teams calls. The bitching about it was endless. Personally, I went to the office 0-0 days/wk (unless it was convenient for me) and no-one cared.

My office (a small site of 50ish people in a 9k person company) is actually in mid-move. The new location is a bit closer and within walking distance of a bunch of places so I might actually go in once in a while.

Zaskar

Just hit "FIVE OH" and now eligible for a 4th shot. Anyone get a 4th?
I've not had id (as far as I know) but I've had short term reactions from each shot which I guess is better than something longer.

rick81721

Lothar
Just hit "FIVE OH" and now eligible for a 4th shot. Anyone get a 4th?
I've not had id (as far as I know) but I've had short term reactions from each shot which I guess is better than something longer.

I would have gotten 4 but got omicron first. No point now. The latest omicron is so different from the original vaccine variants a booster won't prevent you from getting it. Wait for the updated vaccines based on omicron

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/health/updated-covid-boosters-fall/index.html

JonF

I was on vacation a few weeks back and came down with all the latest symptoms mid way through (and still a lingering cough to this day). I swear it had to be the 'cron but 2 rapid tests said negatory. Are tests showing more false negative on this variant? I mean, it could have been some other random respiratory virus (mid summer?) but what are the odds these days? Wife and kid never caught it and we were cramped up in a small cabin in the woods so perhaps it was not.

rick81721

Lothar
I was on vacation a few weeks back and came down with all the latest symptoms mid way through (and still a lingering cough to this day). I swear it had to be the 'cron but 2 rapid tests said negatory. Are tests showing more false negative on this variant? I mean, it could have been some other random respiratory virus (mid summer?) but what are the odds these days? Wife and kid never caught it and we were cramped up in a small cabin in the woods so perhaps it was not.

Did you have any fever? If so, probably covid. False negatives are common.

JonF

Did you have any fever? If so, probably covid. False negatives are common.
1 full day of fever/chills (101 max) and was popping ibu like candy. But 2 false negs 2 days in a row? As Woodsy said, the world may never know...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Would you go to a dinner with 8 friends if one mentioned they currently have Covid, but only minor symptoms?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I wouldn't want to go to dinner with anyone who is sick with minor symptoms, regardless of whether or not that's Covid. I was kind of hoping that this pandemic would result in people being more willing to stay at home when they're sick in general, but it doesn't seem to be playing out that way.

He just got guilted into not coming. Now I get to drive to Queens tonight for dinner.

Top Bottom