This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Aren't the kits expensive? While they are "free" through insurance, it gets paid for somewhere.

It's kind of crazy to me how some of us are getting it now, or haven't yet. I apparently still can't get it yet I take 0 precautions and am around people all the time.

Most of these kits are ~ 25 clams/ea. Don't know if insurance companies get any assistance from the government for these kits.

As far as getting it, just luck at this point. BA.2 is super contagious and pretty widespread right now.

I had it in 2020 and my blood is O+ which at the time was believed to be resistant. My wife and son are A+ which was believed to be susceptible. My wife was with me in the car, bed, house etc before I tested positive never got it.

I had it in 2020 and my blood is O+ which at the time was believed to be resistant. My wife and son are A+ which was believed to be susceptible. My wife was with me in the car, bed, house etc before I tested positive never got it.
Did you have bad symptoms?

I don't think blood type means you can't get it, just that you may not exhibit symptoms, IE have a bad case.

No idea what my blood type is. Red?
I would have guessed 'Cold'...I can't remember mine either.
I don't care enough to do that.
Just ask your doctor at the next yearly physical.
Yep, something like that. That theory didn't get much traction, that's why I thought there maybe some truth to it :cool:

Did you have bad symptoms?

I don't think blood type means you can't get it, just that you may not exhibit symptoms, IE have a bad case.
I did.
Also the vax knocked me on my ass. My wife said it was just a sore arm. Both times and the booster.

Blood type and covid severity:

"Many studies report that blood type A might predispose one to increased susceptibility of infection with SARS-CoV-2, and type O and Rh-negative blood groups might be protective. Although this appears to be an emerging trend, the impact of blood type on clinical outcomes remains unclear. At this point in time, there does not appear to be any relationship between blood type and COVID-19–related severity of illness or mortality."

Wife, son and I are all A+.

PS just went for a swim - went pretty well. Might try a ride tomorrow.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8286549/#:~:text=Types B and AB were,01 each).

Blood type and covid severity:

"Many studies report that blood type A might predispose one to increased susceptibility of infection with SARS-CoV-2, and type O and Rh-negative blood groups might be protective. Although this appears to be an emerging trend, the impact of blood type on clinical outcomes remains unclear. At this point in time, there does not appear to be any relationship between blood type and COVID-19–related severity of illness or mortality."

Wife, son and I are all A+.

PS just went for a swim - went pretty well. Might try a ride tomorrow.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8286549/#:~:text=Types B and AB were,01 each).
Great, let's get ready for manatee-pox coming soon...

So the 3 people I know who took Paxlovid all had the rebound.

Saw some early research from a doctor who rebounded, and had access to a sequencing lab. His rebound and a few other cases he looked at suggested the Pax simply froze it for a time while the meds were in their systems.
When the course was done, the reservoir of the virus just got back to work.

Implications are probably timing of meds (early), and possibly extending the course beyond 5 days.

Heal up quick @rick8675309!
I did not rebound.

Yeah, but you weren’t really trying.

For real, was it the Pax formula?
Thought you predated that release.

If we are using single data points, It helped Sue.
Felt better the next day, and no rebound.
Got into it very early - morning of day 2 of feeling crappy.

Yeah, but you weren’t really trying.

For real, was it the Pax formula?
Thought you predated that release.
NoPax November RONA positive

Pax after Easter Super Spreader. Doc started me day of positive test because of underlying health issues.

Day 5 and just a little congestion. Biggest problem for me was nasal congestion - I have trouble sleeping if I can't breathe thru my nose. Couple of days of little sleep. Anywho, cut it too close to safely take the train so we postponed to the next available private bedroom - July 3 - so another 5 days down here before heading north.

Re: Paxlovid - if you need it, take it but I would think it will reduce your post-infection immunity.

Back
Top Bottom