This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Well, everyone dies eventually, but COVID sure did a good job of pulling the schedule left for a bunch of them.

"Deaths from All Causes" is a surprisingly consistent and predictable number over time. It always blips around flu season. Occasionally, there will be a bad flu season and the number will exceed prediction for a short time. Then came April 2020.

View attachment 176543
One of two things are true:
1. There's a conspiracy among 6100 US hospitals and 50 state governments (run by BOTH parties) to artificially inflate the number of dead. So the government - those small government Republicans are just running a long con apparently - can gain more power. Or something.
or
2. Lots 'o people died from COVID.
It would be really interesting to see this data for the 20 years (or 50).

I do
I'm finding your posts easier to figure out if I read them in Alex Jones' voice. Haven't been able to figure out Max's or The Gock's yet however. I tried Spicoli for Max and it helped a little.
I do Morgan Freeman for Pat. Try it, you'll like it.

Maybe we can take up a collection and pay Big Sean to narrate the thread to us. That'd be soothing.

I do

I do Morgan Freeman for Pat. Try it, you'll like it.

Maybe we can take up a collection and pay Big Sean to narrate the thread to us. That'd be soothing.
Clearly you've never seen Sean act. He'd be great at narrating Ketchup's conspiracy rants.

Apparently there are even bigger conspiracies' to worry about. Listening to the best of Stern today I learned that there is a media conspiracy to show Pete Davidson and Kim K together even though she is still married to Kanye. Shit's gettin real.

Numbers were lower than reported.

So that nobody else wastes their time watching this video, I'll summarize.

The UK said 137,133 people died from covid. A freedom of information request revealed that 17,371 died of just covid, meaning no other cause of death was listed. So I guess this means the UK lied to force a lockdown because reasons, and the 119,762 people that had a cause of death that included more than just covid did not actually die of covid. So people with like heart or lung disease or something that could have lived another 5-10 years or more but then got covid and died didn't actually die of covid. I only watched the first half though, so maybe he goes on to estimate how many more people with pre-existing health issues would have not died from covid without the lockdowns.

So that nobody else wastes their time watching this video, I'll summarize.

The UK said 137,133 people died from covid. A freedom of information request revealed that 17,371 died of just covid, meaning no other cause of death was listed. So I guess this means the UK lied to force a lockdown because reasons, and the 119,762 people that had a cause of death that included more than just covid did not actually die of covid. So people with like heart or lung disease or something that could have lived another 5-10 years or more but then got covid and died didn't actually die of covid. I only watched the first half though, so maybe he goes on to estimate how many more people with pre-existing health issues would have not died from covid without the lockdowns.

I got the gist without the numbers from the first 30 seconds. And forget the request, John's Hopkins reports by comorbitity so we can just look it up.

I'm still thinking hospitalizations is more important measure. People tend to go to a hospital to live, not die.

I'm still thinking hospitalizations is more important measure. People tend to go to a hospital to live, not die.

It was pre vaccine and pre omicron. Not anymore. Half the covid hospitalizations are just people in for other things and test positive for covid. ICU might be a better one. In any event, covid hospitalizations are decreasing in NJ and FL. Here in FL, we never got close to the delta wave hospitalizations peak last August.

Yeah, they had a doctor on NPR this morning that said so many of the hospitalizations are just people in the hospital and happen to have COVID not directly for COVID. The shortage of healthcare workers is the main issue currently.

Until they really have the full data from Omicron they can't say for certain it's heading to endemic levels. Encouraging stuff.
Most hospitals are required to test for Covid on admission. Are some of those same folks at the hospital for Covid symptoms in the first place? Yes. Are all of them? Of course not.

Even more encouraging are the CDC and "mainstream" outlets recognizing (admitting?) what many of us have been saying all along; recovery from naturally acquired infection trumps that of a vaccination. We were all taught this in school, too. Naturally acquired immunity is typically broader and more durable than artificially acquired immunity. Why this (along with vaccines) wasn't part of the push to achieve herd immunity is one of the great questions (and missteps) of the pandemic, and we are paying a terrible price for that now.

Have a nice weekend...

Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 4:18 PM
Subject: Covid-19 Report 1/21/2022

The District is reporting no new cases of staff or students testing positive for Covid-19 today, January 21, 2022.

Most hospitals are required to test for Covid on admission. Are some of those same folks at the hospital for Covid symptoms in the first place? Yes. Are all of them? Of course not.

Even more encouraging are the CDC and "mainstream" outlets recognizing (admitting?) what many of us have been saying all along; recovery from naturally acquired infection trumps that of a vaccination. We were all taught this in school, too. Naturally acquired immunity is typically broader and more durable than artificially acquired immunity. Why this (along with vaccines) wasn't part of the push to achieve herd immunity is one of the great questions (and missteps) of the pandemic, and we are paying a terrible price for that now.

cause you are looking at it through omicron colored glasses.

The conservative thing to do was push boosters. Now we have more info. Pivot, and move forward.

cause you are looking at it through omicron colored glasses.

The conservative thing to do was push boosters. Now we have more info. Pivot, and move forward.

No, I'm looking at it through the glasses of a RN in the thick of it from the beginning. And if we were friends on the socials I'd link you to my postings about what I am saying, WAAAYYYYYY back in May of 2020. All of my info was coming from peer-reviewed journals, and was widely ignored by those who had the same information. This turned ridiculously political, and there is a bit of conspiracy in the form of those same people unwilling to admit they were wrong. Instead it's CYA, not the pivot and move forward we deserve.

The smart thing to do was to let those who were infected and recovered out into the world while the companies were busy getting their vaccines together. This would've allowed the social impact of Covid to have been less severe (financially, mental health, etc), while also having those same people act as viral 'dead-ends.' I would posit (I don't have the training to back this up, just theory) that if the virus did start to mutate when exposed to those who had previously been exposed to all the proteins on its surface, we may have seen a lesser strain sooner. I'll go a step further and say that the naturally immune cohort could have even stopped the virus cold. Instead, the world doubled down on a vaccine-only approach in attempting to achieve herd immunity, something that never had happened before, all while also relying on tricking a virus by mimicking one protein on its surface. Again, plenty were against this approach, but were ignored, likely because of what you put forth as "the conservative thing to do." It was foolhardy. Want to accuse me of 20/20 hindsight, that's fine as you can only take my word that I knew better at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom