This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

THATmanMANNY

Mrs goes back to work tomorrow. So between myself and her it's been nearly a month of Covid in our home and thankfully the kids have been good. KNOCK ON WOOD! Back on my hybrid schedule today (office today) and tomorrow both kids at their normal places. WOO HOO. Praying for this cycle to not happen for at least another 9 months!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Government benefits by more power and control from scared and complicit citizens. If you have a weak and scared citizens, they will look into government to provide a solution. Look into the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act. Under the guise of safety, billions went to state and local governments, airlines, and corporations. A smaller fraction went to small business and unemployment benefits.

You don't need to back far into history to find an example of how 'safety and security' strengthens the govt. For example, WMD to justify war in the middle east and safety from terror brought the Patriot Act.
Government benefits by more power and control from scared and complicit citizens. If you have a weak and scared citizens, they will look into government to provide a solution. Look into the CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act. Under the guise of safety, billions went to state and local governments, airlines, and corporations. A smaller fraction went to small business and unemployment benefits.

You don't need to back far into history to find an example of how 'safety and security' strengthens the govt. For example, WMD to justify war in the middle east and safety from terror brought the Patriot Act.
That’s absurd. That would require an actual intelligent, functional government.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Anyone ever listen to Bill Spadia on NJ101.5? I caught about 3 minutes this morning. He was spouting off how there have only been 50k deaths due to Covid, so same as Flu. Said the other 800k US deaths were all due to comorbidities and these people would have died anyhow. The Gov't is just reporting it as Covid so they could intentionally destroy the economy. Some good shit.

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone ever listen to Bill Spadia on NJ101.5? I caught about 3 minutes this morning. He was spouting off how there have only been 50k deaths due to Covid, so same as Flu. Said the other 800k US deaths were all due to comorbidities and these people would have died anyhow. The Gov't is just reporting it as Covid so they could intentionally destroy the economy. Some good shit.

That guy is a kook

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am in the car for 15-20 min, if my normal go-to stations are on commercial I will switch to him. Man, dude goes off the handle every day bout it.
Last week when cdc revised Their mask recommendation, he had a guy on that did a rough calculation that during December, roughly 110 million people attended a college football game. That is 1/3 of the US population. So if 110 million people were all together, then why didn’t 110 million get covid?

Lol

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
I am in the car for 15-20 min, if my normal go-to stations are on commercial I will switch to him. Man, dude goes off the handle every day bout it.
Last week when cdc revised Their mask recommendation, he had a guy on that did a rough calculation that during December, roughly 110 million people attended a college football game. That is 1/3 of the US population. So if 110 million people were all together, then why didn’t 110 million get covid?

Lol

Dennis and Judy are amusing - I'll listen to them when I'm in wifeys car.

thegock

I was in a Board Meeting about 1998. One of the VC members, who had been discussing how the legacy founder of the portfolio company was looting the entity, asked me if I had seen "Conspiracy Theory." When I said 'no,' he said that maybe I should. Then again, no one was charged with conspiracy in that instance, unlike the 7:04 mark of the video.

Real Conspiracy

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The problem with conspiracy theories is the absolute scale of people required to keep it a secret. It just doesn't happen.

This is my issue with conspiracy theories… you’ll have the same person saying something like “[insert politicians name] is a buffoon and can’t tie their own shoes” and the next minute that same politician is a criminal mastermind who is able to fleece the world with a handful of other masterminds.

We can’t even get mask guidance correct but they drink kid’s blood in secret. Ok.

Either they are competent or not. Which is it?

mfennell

Well, everyone dies eventually, but COVID sure did a good job of pulling the schedule left for a bunch of them.

"Deaths from All Causes" is a surprisingly consistent and predictable number over time. It always blips around flu season. Occasionally, there will be a bad flu season and the number will exceed prediction for a short time. Then came April 2020.

deaths-all-causes.png
One of two things are true:
1. There's a conspiracy among 6100 US hospitals and 50 state governments (run by BOTH parties) to artificially inflate the number of dead. So the government - those small government Republicans are just running a long con apparently - can gain more power. Or something.
or
2. Lots 'o people died from COVID.

iLuveketchup

One of two things are true:
1. There's a conspiracy among 6100 US hospitals and 50 state governments (run by BOTH parties) to artificially inflate the number of dead. So the government - those small government Republicans are just running a long con apparently - can gain more power. Or something.
or
2. Lots 'o people died from COVID.
Why can't it be both? With regards to the virus and the reaction, the only difference between reality and 'conspiracy theory' is a couple of months.

Top Bottom