Things to know

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK so I did my Full Monty Loop today with my trusty four legged friend and a couple of things to address. First is tree down on lower white just up from white/red blaze, also tree down on upper orange north side. Both are large so chainsaw required. Next is and did notice when I led the long intermediate ride at JF that the upper section past the mulch field has ORANGE PAINT marks and arrows. One of the folks had said there was an up and coming runners race. What really pisses me off is they sprayed spots literally 12' apart with no other trail sections to get confused by. Why must they continue this trend of using permanent paint to mark their courses. State Parks need to get a grip on this. Yes it is only a small section of my ride but it still something needs to be addressed. Rant over!

128675624669551648.jpg

I did see some orange paint yesterday, not that much though.

What's wrong with yellow tape?

I suppose you "forgot" your gps at home again? :rolleyes:

I suppose you "forgot" your gps at home again? :rolleyes:

Actually went to take it and realized battery was dead, I was thinking of you though for mileage. It's charging right now...Dirtbag MTB Elitist don't really care about miles, heart rate, and how much elevation they climb:D

Paint and Such

OK so I did my Full Monty Loop today with my trusty four legged friend and a couple of things to address. First is tree down on lower white just up from white/red blaze, also tree down on upper orange north side. Both are large so chainsaw required. Next is and did notice when I led the long intermediate ride at JF that the upper section past the mulch field has ORANGE PAINT marks and arrows. One of the folks had said there was an up and coming runners race. What really pisses me off is they sprayed spots literally 12' apart with no other trail sections to get confused by. Why must they continue this trend of using permanent paint to mark their courses. State Parks need to get a grip on this. Yes it is only a small section of my ride but it still something needs to be addressed. Rant over!

The ITC Tri is coming up might be related to that. Keep in mind that the area near the muclh pile is Morris County Property and not State. If the paint goes up towards the fire tower or on the bottom near the RR underpass then it turns to State. In either case, did you call this in? the Park number is 973-398-7010, not sure about Morris County.

Trees will add them to the list.

Bob W

The ITC Tri is coming up might be related to that. Keep in mind that the area near the muclh pile is Morris County Property and not State. If the paint goes up towards the fire tower or on the bottom near the RR underpass then it turns to State. In either case, did you call this in? the Park number is 973-398-7010, not sure about Morris County.

Trees will add them to the list.

Bob W

Did not call as not sure if this is state or not closer to power lines then mulch if you would like I can show you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions