Things that make you smile :)

They surrounded the whole park with electrified barb wire fencing? Aren't you not allowed to ride there normally anyway? Not that I'm suggesting anyone do anything they're not supposed to do of course, because that would be wrong.
Imagine if they did that’d be impressive.
No I’m not supposed to be in there anyway but given the situation I’ll probably stay out.

The grave of Mary Ellis (1750–1828). This #grave is in the back parking lot. Ellis was a spinster and according to oral tradition,
fell in love with a sea captain who had been an officer in the Revolutionary War. The captain soon went out to sea again but
he left behind his trusty horse - and a promise to marry Mary when he returned. Every day for years after, as local legend tells it,
Mary rode her sweetheart's steed to the riverbank of the Raritan River, waiting for her beloved to reappear. In 1813,
she purchased a piece of property overlooking the river from which she maintained the daily watch - until she died in 1828.
She was buried on the property and her grave now sits about seven feet up in the movie theater parking lot, keeping watch over
the banks of the Raritan River. The marker also has her sister's name (Margaret Ellis) and Elizabeth Margaret Evans, who resided in
New Brunswick and appears in the 1860 and 1880 census.
90389220_2776874495741026_1747335465020686336_o.jpg

The grave of Mary Ellis (1750–1828). This #grave is in the back parking lot. Ellis was a spinster and according to oral tradition,
fell in love with a sea captain who had been an officer in the Revolutionary War. The captain soon went out to sea again but
he left behind his trusty horse - and a promise to marry Mary when he returned. Every day for years after, as local legend tells it,
Mary rode her sweetheart's steed to the riverbank of the Raritan River, waiting for her beloved to reappear. In 1813,
she purchased a piece of property overlooking the river from which she maintained the daily watch - until she died in 1828.
She was buried on the property and her grave now sits about seven feet up in the movie theater parking lot, keeping watch over
the banks of the Raritan River. The marker also has her sister's name (Margaret Ellis) and Elizabeth Margaret Evans, who resided in
View attachment 122606

The cake I made for my son's 18th Birthday.
IMG_20200325_202111473.jpg
Why? 'Cause Unibomber styles are all he wears 24/7.

Wife: "Aren't you going to make the lettering some sort of colors?"
Me: "Would he ever wear anything like that?"
Her: "Uhh... No, probably not."
Me: "Right, we good?"
Her: "Yep"
?

View attachment 122606
Back when the property was the US#1 flea market we would joke that it was the tomb of the unknown shopper.

Princeton Nurseries, now the Mapleton Preserve in Kingston, New Jersey.
In 1913, William Flemer Sr. purchased 286 acres of land to build a nursery close to the railroad and Delaware & Raritan Canal
in South Brunswick and Plainsboro townships. The nursery succeeded and grew to over 500 acres, becoming the largest
commercial nursery in the United States by the time it left Kingston in 1995 (a new site was opened in Allentown, NJ).
Princeton Nurseries introduced important plant varieties including the legendary, disease-resistant Princeton Elm,
the ‘October Glory’ Maple, and the ‘Snow Queen’ Hydrangea. Today, all but the main office (now the D&R State Park Canal Office)
and blacksmith shop (education building) are off-limits and awaiting a future use.
90289143_2785677404860735_1845198300609773568_o.jpg

My wife tragically lost one of her best friends from high school in a helicopter crash many years ago. Around Christmas time our senior year, she made the mistake of telling him that she had wanted light up reindeer for the yard, but her parents wouldn't buy them. A few days later, she woke up to a pile of them on the driveway. We still have three of them, and every year on the anniversary of the accident, we put them out, light them up, and pour one out for our friend. So why am I posting this in this thread? Well, this is the 13th year that we have done this, and I'm sure our neighbors have noticed, but nobody has ever said anything to us or asked why. We were just out in the yard laughing about how all our neighbors probably think we're weird and/or on drugs.

74CD8633-71AC-4F15-A040-EB91F94D0645.jpeg

Hit me up if you had some reindeer go missing in Sparta in December of 1998 and you want them back.

Back
Top Bottom