Things that make you smile :)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone who drives rt 24 north to 287 would be smiling here too, we can all tell what happened just from this picture . . . :D

View attachment 99633
I hate everyone when I drive here. There's been two times I saw a cop there and he had like 3 people waved over and hopefully ticketed. I wish they just put in a mile long concrete barrier... or spike strips.

kdebello

anyone who drives rt 24 north to 287 would be smiling here too, we can all tell what happened just from this picture . . . :D

View attachment 99633

We did the trek from Berkeley Hts to Rockaway twice a week for my daughters softball practice. 24/287 was the worst part of the drive. Stay in the right lane, take 1B and backroads to Rt10 saved a half hour or more sometimes.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is an original Lincoln Highway marker on Route 27 in Princeton Township, Conceived in 1912 by Indiana entrepreneur Carl G. Fisher,
and formally dedicated October 31, 1913, the Lincoln Highway ran coast-to-coast from Times Square in New York City west to Lincoln Park
in San Francisco, California. The name, "The Lincoln Highway" was gradually replaced with numbered designations after the establishment
of the U.S. Numbered Highway System in 1926.

The Lincoln Highway Association was established in 1913 to promote the road using private and corporate donations. As one of its last acts
before the association disbanded, it installed 2,436 of these markers on September 1, 1928. Many of them were installed by local Boy Scout troops.

After more than 90 years since their placement, some markers remain at their original positions, but not many.
Others have been relocated. Many are gone, lost forever to road enhancements or neglect. The Princeton marker is
believed to be the last original marker in New Jersey. A few years ago, replacement markers were installed in Metuchen
and Edison along Route 27 (The Lincoln Highway)

View attachment 92515

A modern Lincoln Highway marker in PA.
E264A722-0B05-4374-9DC3-207BB9F08A7B.jpeg

Top Bottom