Things that make you smile :)

Normally this would be in things that make you frown since it’s a flat tire.

But this didn’t happen until sometime between when I got home from my 63 mile road ride yesterday and this morning when I decided not to go for a ride.

Always a bonus when I don’t have to change a flat on the side of the road and crack open the perfect packed seat bag and use a CO2. Instead I changed it inside my nice air conditioned front hallway of the house.

7A31097B-8878-43AB-BBD6-A1088A87AF7B.jpeg

In my other Strava group I was in 2nd place, then 3 others came in today and beat me by about 4, 8, & 12 minuets.
Ha! I just had to hop on the bike and do a short ride to the bar, just to bust chops. Back in 2nd. will it hold,
nope, # 3 just came back with 12 minutes more.
So I'm back in #3 Hilarious! this makes me laugh!

Image2.jpg

My son just hit 18 months and his vocabulary is exploding. Every couple days he says a word that we had no idea he knew. This weekend he pointed to my Pivot and said...BIKE! His Ks come out as Ts right now but that's good enough for me!

I love you all and over the years y'all been like a family to me. This is gonna be sorta long, and could have gone in the frown thread, but in the end I think you'll smile.
I have two girls, 16 and 10. My older daughter is made of stone, thick skin, cold heart, and an attitude that will drive you crazy. She wont think twice about throat punching anyone who messes with her or her friends. My younger daughter is the absolute opposite. Big heart, caring and extremely sensitive. Like, over the top sensitive. Anywho, heres where the frown part comes in.
Beginning of the school year, she's in class and is the only one who answers some random question correctly. Johnny Douchebag goes and tells her that she's a fat pig and no one cares if she lives or dies.
Just because she answered correctly.
She shuts down. Totally. Stops doing all the things she loves to do, and most concerning to us, stops eating. Not totally, but she goes cold turkey on all the things she enjoyed.
My wife and I catch on to this and spring into action, calling the doctor, school nurse and other powers that be. I'm not gonna lie, it was bad for a while, we couldnt believe how a 9 year old girl who was full of life could simply shut down. Deep breathes, fast forward to the end of the school year.
9 months of therapy and seeing a nutrionist, we are getting back to where we were a year ago. So I share this pic, for the first time in like 9 months, she wants her favorite frozen pizza foe dinner. 2 slices turned into 4. It's stupid stufd like this that makes me smile.
20190708_202923.jpg
Thanks for reading.

Heartbreaking year Walter. There’s a special kinda hell for people who think they elevate themselves by hurting others.

I remember all those cheer competition post where the two of them always seem to be laughing, wisecracking and up to something. She in particular always seemed to have a light in her eyes and this odd little smirk to her smiles. Like she knew something we didn’t.

There probably haven’t been a ton of those this semester but I think I see just the faintest hint of one in the photo. You guys have done a great job in helping her to heal herself.

I love you all and over the years y'all been like a family to me. This is gonna be sorta long, and could have gone in the frown thread, but in the end I think you'll smile.
I have two girls, 16 and 10. My older daughter is made of stone, thick skin, cold heart, and an attitude that will drive you crazy. She wont think twice about throat punching anyone who messes with her or her friends. My younger daughter is the absolute opposite. Big heart, caring and extremely sensitive. Like, over the top sensitive. Anywho, heres where the frown part comes in.
Beginning of the school year, she's in class and is the only one who answers some random question correctly. Johnny Douchebag goes and tells her that she's a fat pig and no one cares if she lives or dies.
Just because she answered correctly.
She shuts down. Totally. Stops doing all the things she loves to do, and most concerning to us, stops eating. Not totally, but she goes cold turkey on all the things she enjoyed.
My wife and I catch on to this and spring into action, calling the doctor, school nurse and other powers that be. I'm not gonna lie, it was bad for a while, we couldnt believe how a 9 year old girl who was full of life could simply shut down. Deep breathes, fast forward to the end of the school year.
9 months of therapy and seeing a nutrionist, we are getting back to where we were a year ago. So I share this pic, for the first time in like 9 months, she wants her favorite frozen pizza foe dinner. 2 slices turned into 4. It's stupid stufd like this that makes me smile.
View attachment 99332
Thanks for reading.

Smiles for the recovery and kudos to you and your wife for picking up on the issue right away.

On a side note, you guys need bigger pizza...

despite the complaints about my riding and walking around like a zombie sometimes instead of working on the honey-do list, wifey got me this as part of my bday gift A few weeks ago just got around to posting it now.

That box is filled with all my favorite fig bars, clif bars, cashews, peanuts, etc.. for my rides. I almost liked it better than the beer.

Oh and 2 cases of that beer one of which is already almost empty. Good batch this summer.

A9C94034-05A5-45A7-A106-C599F45A0460.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom