Things that make you frown :(

Why I like to do my own service.

Even my last Fox rebuild had too much grease. That glob in the middle of the air spring doesn't exactly lubricate much, but it's a free air spacer!

yea got it opened up and found this mess, lubing up a whole lotta nothing
20210513_125753.jpg

cleaned out, lightly (like VERY lightly) greased

this came back from FOX service for a full rebuild in Jan, Iv never had an issue with this before, but there is a first time for everything, I could probably do the service on this one myself, but the shock requires a nitrogen charge which i just cant do so iv been sending them in together for the annual service. The 50hr lower service tho may become more frequent, i can bang that out in 15 minutes

I remember him saying this. Apparently it’s pretty common. I’ve been pretty sparing with grease on the air spring since...but also I typically have no idea what I’m doing 🤷‍♂️

you do service? thought you subscribed the @JimN method 🤣

View attachment 157616

this came back from FOX service for a full rebuild in Jan, Iv never had an issue with this before, but there is a first time for everything, I could probably do the service on this one myself, but the shock requires a nitrogen charge which i just cant do so iv been sending them in together for the annual service. The 50hr lower service tho may become more frequent, i can bang that out in 15 minutes

I caint afford no fancy mechanic rates. Actually pulled my air spring a few days ago just to check o-rings. I hope I remembered to put any grease at all on it 😆

View attachment 157616

You want to ask @Ryan.P , hes the expert....as I recall...34's used more grease than 36s, but still...that seems pretty excessive

Also for real performance advantage just drop an avalanche cartridge in any fork and just be done with it

Back
Top Bottom