Things that make you frown :(

My daughter telling me she dosen't want to race or ride mountain bikes anymore.:confused:

Hard to believe, she always had such a big smile on her face each time I saw her.

She IS at the age where things start to get clicky at school. It’s possible she’s feeling conformist pressure from schoolmates (or frienemys).

I’m less concerned about the biking than I am whatever fueled the statement. She’s a great kid who will succeed at anything she puts her mind to. I’m sure you do, but it never hurts to remind her of that every now and again.

My daughter telling me she dosen't want to race or ride mountain bikes anymore.:confused:
Is it all bike all the time? Kids can develop burn out too. What other outlets does she do? Sometimes spending a bunch of quality time on something else helps keeping fun in everything their doing.

Please tell me it's because she found BMX or motocross. She's got serious talent and always had a smile on her face every time I saw her on a bike.
@jklett no other biking
Thanks for the kind words I'll share them with her.

But she's so good at it!
Thanks @Kaleidopete
Hard to believe, she always had such a big smile on her face each time I saw her.

She IS at the age where things start to get clicky at school. It’s possible she’s feeling conformist pressure from schoolmates (or frienemys).

I’m less concerned about the biking than I am whatever fueled the statement. She’s a great kid who will succeed at anything she puts her mind to. I’m sure you do, but it never hurts to remind her of that every now and again.
@Juggernaut your 100% right about the friends part. I first noticed when she started at her new school when we moved. All the biking tshirts she used to proudly wear were all tossed in the back of the closet. And she didn't really want to go out riding anymore. Like shes trying to be someone else to fit in. I tell her to be proud of herself and how proud we are of her all the time but I guess it never really sticks coming from me.
I sat her down yesterday and had a long good talk with her. And asked her what was wrong and she basically said when she talks about her biking all the kids think it's stupid. And they put her down about it. And she really has nobody in our area to ride with.
I also shared what you said to her and I'm hoping it helps sink in what ive been telling her. I'm hoping she comes around cause its also some of the times I've seen her the happiest. I definitely dont want to force her to do it then totally hate it. We'll see what happens.
Is it all bike all the time? Kids can develop burn out too. What other outlets does she do? Sometimes spending a bunch of quality time on something else helps keeping fun in everything their doing.
Hey @mattybfat
no its definitely not biking all the time shes in band, in tag(theater group) a straight A student. She plays softball and is on the competition cheer team. The biking is/was one of the activities she spent the least amount of time on. Shes the 1 who got me into biking so it's sad losing my riding partner for now. (Hopefully since I just got done building her up a new bike)

@jklett no other biking
Thanks for the kind words I'll share them with her.

Thanks @Kaleidopete

@Juggernaut your 100% right about the friends part. I first noticed when she started at her new school when we moved. All the biking tshirts she used to proudly wear were all tossed in the back of the closet. And she didn't really want to go out riding anymore. Like shes trying to be someone else to fit in. I tell her to be proud of herself and how proud we are of her all the time but I guess it never really sticks coming from me.
I sat her down yesterday and had a long good talk with her. And asked her what was wrong and she basically said when she talks about her biking all the kids think it's stupid. And they put her down about it. And she really has nobody in our area to ride with.
I also shared what you said to her and I'm hoping it helps sink in what ive been telling her. I'm hoping she comes around cause its also some of the times I've seen her the happiest. I definitely dont want to force her to do it then totally hate it. We'll see what happens.

Hey @mattybfat
no its definitely not biking all the time shes in band, in tag(theater group) a straight A student. She plays softball and is on the competition cheer team. The biking is/was one of the activities she spent the least amount of time on. Shes the 1 who got me into biking so it's sad losing my riding partner for now. (Hopefully since I just got done building her up a new bike)
That’s too bad she’s basically getting bullied by other kids who think something different is bad or stupid. It’s great you can talk and get things out on the table so you can be involved. I have a sore spot for kids getting bullied because my oldest son was subject to it all thru middle school and the effects are hard to reverse. (Sorry mini rant).

I hope she sticks with it it sounds like she really enjoys it and is good at it and the NICA stuff is such a great opportunity for her and all the kids that we didn’t have around here.

Maybe a few rides with the GRiT or Bella’s or with some of the female NICA coaches will help her get her mojo back. Like you said just be patient and supportive.

That’s too bad she’s basically getting bullied by other kids who think something different is bad or stupid. It’s great you can talk and get things out on the table so you can be involved. I have a sore spot for kids getting bullied because my oldest son was subject to it all thru middle school and the effects are hard to reverse. (Sorry mini rant).

I hope she sticks with it it sounds like she really enjoys it and is good at it and the NICA stuff is such a great opportunity for her and all the kids that we didn’t have around here.

Maybe a few rides with the GRiT or Bella’s or with some of the female NICA coaches will help her get her mojo back. Like you said just be patient and supportive.

This new era of bulling sucks because with social media, it doesn’t end when you leave school, it follows you 24/7. It’s not like the old’n days when you settled it in the playground or parking lot after school. Things fester and grow because there is no resolution, and kids are pack animals at this age. The only advice I can give is make the riding a father/daughter thing and keep it quiet. Also, martial arts, if for no reason other than the self confidence that it builds.

I had a family tragedy today. My brother's youngest son was killed today in a job site accident. R.I.P. Jared. I am hurtin' real bad. Today was like an out of body experience.
That is horrible very sorry for your loss man. Prayers to the family

I had a family tragedy today. My brother's youngest son was killed today in a job site accident. R.I.P. Jared. I am hurtin' real bad. Today was like an out of body experience.
sorry to hear, condolences to your whole family.

So sorry to hear that Frank. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Very hard call to receive Frank. Wishing you and your family strength in this tough time.

Back
Top Bottom