Things that make you frown :(

Speed tape https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_tape it's amazing how janky aircraft and race cars are up close. I saw a Huey Cobra helicopter that the army flew in to a RC plane/heli event I went to and the amount of random rivets missing from the fuselage was insane, I lost count after a few dozen.

I had a screwed on body panel fall off my plane after it came back from an annual service.
Seems the junior person may have over tightened the little sheet metal screws and didn't tell anyone...
Luckily it was not critical to flight.

stupid shit happens. we had a mouse or bird nest just below an exhaust-to-head connection. of course it started on fire after 5 minutes in the air.

had a door that routes air over the exhaust to pre-heat it before hitting the carb get sucked into the system - it didn't make it anywhere, but hot air feeding the carb reduces available power. always nice if you want to actually climb.

yeah, the tape is a real thing.

I bought a camelbak in 2006 when i started riding. I still have it and use it all the time almost 20 years of riding. I bought a new old stock one on ebay to replace it as i liked the design.

So im riding the other day and try putting my bag on my bike rack and riding with it and the shoulder strap gets snagged in the wheel and cuts it.

Just FYI, there are several outdoor gear repair services. It's more reasonably priced than it sounds.

only my 3rd or 4th ride with these like new Teravail Cannonball tires I got from someone else here on the forum for a great deal. Clipped a sharp rock on the Columbia trail and BOOM it exploded. Lucky for me I had the rear fender on the bike or I would have had the sealant stripe all down my back and all over the bike, the sealant spray on the bike was limited to the downtube mostly.

Also lucky for me we were not that far from home, and my riding buddy who also lives around the corner from me volunteered to ride back to his house, set up his bike rack on the car and come back get me sacrificing his ride today. No dart, tube or patch was gonna fix that and it wasn’t worth trying.

Bike needed a wash anyway. sigh.

IMG_6756.jpegIMG_6757.jpeg

Last edited:
only my 3rd or 4th ride with these like new Teravail Cannonball tires I got from someone else here on the forum for a great deal. Clipped a sharp rock on the Columbia trail and BOOM it exploded. Lucky for me I had the rear fender on the bike or I would have had the sealant stripe all down my back and all over the bike, the sealant spray on the bike was limited to the downtube mostly.

Also lucky for me we were not that far from home, and my riding buddy who also lives around the corner from me volunteered to ride back to his house, set up his bike rack on the car and come back get me sacrificing his ride today. No dart, tube or patch was gonna did that and it wasn’t worth trying.

View attachment 238339View attachment 238340

damn son, when you fuck up, you fuck up big.

Was in the city yesterday for daughter’s graduation and got pulled over my NYCPD. I had no idea why, he said it was because my rear license plate was obstructed by my folded up bike rack. They usually wouldn’t care but there is a crackdown on obstructed license plates for toll evaders. FYI if you’re driving into the city.

Also lucky for me we were not that far from home, and my riding buddy who also lives around the corner from me volunteered to ride back to his house, set up his bike rack on the car and come back get me sacrificing his ride today. No dart, tube or patch was gonna fix that and it wasn’t worth trying.

View attachment 238339View attachment 238340
@jdog did i read you stock Teravail tires? do you have one of these?

Ordered some vhs slapper tape back in March. Took my money got an invoice number but no tracking info . Many emails and messages through social media sites . Zero response. No phone number listed anywhere on the site , total bs . I paid with PayPal so I guess I'm gonna start a dispute.

Ordered some vhs slapper tape back in March. Took my money got an invoice number but no tracking info . Many emails and messages through social media sites . Zero response. No phone number listed anywhere on the site , total bs . I paid with PayPal so I guess I'm gonna start a dispute.
The good news is with PP they usually side with the buyer. They will need about 10 business days and then you probably see a credit.

Back
Top Bottom