Things that make you frown :(

What makes me unhappy is the girl scouts give you different cookies based on where you live. We had girl scout cookies here the other day and everyone was talking about how they're different where they're from. Turns out, they really are different depending on where you're from.

View attachment 234929
View attachment 234930
View attachment 234931
As long as I can get me my Tagalongs, Samoas, and Thin Mints (that go straight into the freezer), I care not.

Interesting straw shape my daughter got from school....View attachment 235062
Maybe leftovers from someone bachelorette party that made its way into someone’s lunch box.

Internet verified.

Maybe leftovers from someone bachelorette party that made its way into someone’s lunch box.

Internet verified.

That's exactly what I told my wife.... she is the one that pointed it out to me, and I'm the perverted one in the relationship.
This was give by the teacher for my daughters b day ..My niece is in in the same class her b day was today and got a heat straw... !

(Also, glad you searched it and not me. Guess I know what will be showing up in your adds the next couple days! )

All the years we've lived here, never a single drop of water in the basement. Hell, the sump never even showed any sign of moisture. Until today. Went down to put some miles on the trainer and was greeted to this. There is a sump pump, but the discharge is not hard plumbed to exit the house. Not sure if prev owner ever encoutered any flooding but the recent rains have been pretty biblical so i'm guessing not. Now to clean up and plumb in some sort of exterior discharge...

PXL_20240404_225834124.jpgPXL_20240404_225830764.jpg

All the years we've lived here, never a single drop of water in the basement. Hell, the sump never even showed any sign of moisture. Until today. Went down to put some miles on the trainer and was greeted to this. There is a sump pump, but the discharge is not hard plumbed to exit the house. Not sure if prev owner ever encoutered any flooding but the recent rains have been pretty biblical so i'm guessing not. Now to clean up and plumb in some sort of exterior discharge...

View attachment 235542View attachment 235543
that sucks sorry to see that. Hope nothing too important got ruined. water in my basement is one of my worst fears I get anxiety about these rain storms and making sure the sump pump is running in case the power goes out (i,e. start up generator).

I do find it odd that the sump doesnt have an external discharge? was it setup to dump into a french drain instead - looks like you have a french drain but hard to see in pic.

when we bought this house 23 years ago the plumber and electrician both recommended to not only replace the old pump, but to increase the diameter of the discharge pipe which goes right through the cider block.

that sucks sorry to see that. Hope nothing too important got ruined. water in my basement is one of my worst fears I get anxiety about these rain storms and making sure the sump pump is running in case the power goes out (i,e. start up generator).

I do find it odd that the sump doesnt have an external discharge? was it setup to dump into a french drain instead - looks like you have a french drain but hard to see in pic.

when we bought this house 23 years ago the plumber and electrician both recommended to not only replace the old pump, but to increase the diameter of the discharge pipe which goes right through the cider block.
There is a sump well and french drain but it was all overwhelmed.

Fortuntely nothing too valuable. Mostly boxed of misc crap and mostly my wife's since she like to just pile crap on the floor rather than use the copious amount of shelving i've put down there for storage. 🤣

Spent the entire day vacuuming it out and sanitizing the entire place. once all the wet junk was discarded, it sure was easy to get around again! 😂

Spend the other half of the day installing a new metal sump and permanently plumbed a 1-1/4" pvc discharge out the back of the house. The new pump can really flood the yard so i need to figure out a better place to discharge. Though with this being a rare level of rainfall, might just leave as is and accept the occasional pooling in the yard. We have no storm drains here so thats not an option unfortunately.

Solar Eclipse and some jabroni in my neighborhood decided to start up some loud landscaping equipment.

Down in Flanders, porch pirates today just stole packages from the porch right after FedEx truck dropped off when I wasn't around. Maroon car with black tinted windows. I'm guessing they used some kind of wifi disrupter or something as my cameras and neighbors didn't capture images??? Not sure if that's a thing or just in movies.

Down in Flanders, porch pirates today just stole packages from the porch right after FedEx truck dropped off when I wasn't around. Maroon car with black tinted windows. I'm guessing they used some kind of wifi disrupter or something as my cameras and neighbors didn't capture images??? Not sure if that's a thing or just in movies.
are you FKM?! sorry to hear but thanks for the heads up around the neighborhood. file a police report maybe someone else got something on the Ring camera network.

I used security cams mounted high which record to flash memory. Wifi jammers are illegal to own but easily obtained online

I'm assuming hard wiring the cameras fixes the jammer issue?

i would imagine so, but thats quite an ask for most people adding cameras to their house.

my cameras are wifi with a microSD internally, you will be recorded doing that shit here, even if i cant watch it in real time ill get the footage later.

Local shop's instagram pictures aftermath from racer/customers walking in looking for brake pads this week. 3 days of racing during the downpour.

I'm wondering if the other bike shops have similar pictures. There's no way these racers started off with anything but fresh pads.

1712947342303.png

1712947276464.png

Local shop's instagram pictures aftermath from racer/customers walking in looking for brake pads this week. 3 days of racing during the downpour.

I'm wondering if the other bike shops have similar pictures. There's no way these racers started off with anything but fresh pads.

View attachment 236074

View attachment 236073
Pisgah Stage Race has been a slopfest so far. The promoter tried hard to get me to make the trip this year. I'll stick to making the trip to TSE.

Back
Top Bottom